Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

For the last 3-4 months (spring of 2018) I have had problems with Spotify randomly pausing and unpausing the music. 

Useful info:

• It happens both on my iPhone 7 and on my PC with Windows 10. It's notably more frequent on Windows, which has stopped me using the desktop client all together. Actually, I opened the desktop client while writing this and it has paused once and unpaused once in the last 15 minutes.
  • The frequency is roughly one pause/unpause per hour played, meaning 1-3 times per day (I estimate 2-3 hours played per day). This results in roughly 100-200 pauses/unpauses since the issue arose.
  • Of the occurrences, roughly 90% are pausing and 10% unpausing (which is good, because it's scary as f**k sometimes).
  • Of all 100-200 occurrences, I have only received one (1) pop-up, claiming the pause is due to another device using my account. Furthermore, I have no other songs in my play history than the ones I have played personally, so this is definitely not the issue.
  • I have updated the mobile and PC clients several times but the problem remains the same.
  • I have logged out on all devices several times from the webpage but the problem remains the same.
  • I experience a slightly higher frequency of pausing when I leave my home, so it might be connected to WiFi disconnect? However: historically this only caused the app to buffer/load while staying in "play mode" (i.e. the pause button is visible to signify that play mode is active, even though the music is not currently playing), but now I get "clean pauses" (i.e. the music stops and I see a play button, meaning it's in pause mode, without buffering. So this is a far-fetched guess.

Needless to say, it's very frustrating, to the point where I had to write this as a last resort before I end my Premium subscription and find an alternative which doesn't anger me on a daily basis 😕

Regards,
Jimmy

Who Me Too'd this topic