Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

SD offline downloads lost after reboot. Maybe due to SD mount delay?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab SM-T280

Operating System

Android 5.1.1

My Question or Issue

seems like maybe because my SD is encrypted (built-in Android/device function), and doesn't begin being mounted until I input my password, the Spotify app doesn't see the card and irreversibly forgets it and never bothers to try again. When I authenticate, it usually takes 10-20 seconds for the SD contents to become available. During this time, I notice that Spotify is already running in the background. At the very least, there should be a way to rebuild/revert/reattach the database in the event the files become unavailable. It would even be decent to be able to re-download what was selected (backup DL list?) without having to scroll thru and do it manually, over and over and over

After reboot, login, open Spotify: no downloads... Settings, storage location: internal memory... Change to external SD.  I renamed /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.spotify.music first.... Let Spotify restart and "move" the (17mb) data to external SD. Exit Spotify. Kill Spotify task. Delete folder. Rename old folder back. Start Spotify. Settings shows as using external (attached). Still no downloads!

Screenshot_2018-07-03-22-55-27.png
Screenshot_2018-07-03-22-17-08.png
Who Me Too'd this topic