Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Spotfy app stops playing music mid song and cannot restart music in the app

Ever sinc I've donwloaded the most recent version of the app to my Sansung Galaxy Nexus, the app has been extremely buggy. Every single time I play music from my phone, about half way through the second song, the music stops playing.  The pause button still appears as if it is playing, but no sound comes from the speakers. I've tried hitting pause and play but to no avail. The only thing that works is going into the app manager --> Spotify, and force stopping the app.  But then the same problem repeats immediately afterwards.

I also cannot download the music list to my phone b/c I'm told I have music downloaded to 3 devies already, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the 3rd device is.  Why don't you guys show us which devices we have music synced to somewhere and allow us to edit this info?

Finally, an annoyance, but it doesn't impair my app usage at least - is that the app seems incapable (or at least very slow at) remembering my logged in state.  When I first open the app, I see the log in screen every time.  Sometimes it forces me to log in, even though I never logged out, and sometimes, I try tapping on log in and start entering info, when the app finally registers I'm logged in and loads.

I have the app installed on an iPhone as well, and it seems to work fine there, but I primarlily use the Android phone, and am considering canceling my account with the issues I've been facing.  What's the point of updating the features and functionality and including landscape mode if I can't even listen to music at all anymore.  Very disappointed. I used to use this app constantly throughout the day.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app more than once.

2. I've force killed the app many times.

3. I've updated the version of the app each time an update was available.

4. I've tried on 2 IOS devices - an iphone 5 and an ipod touch without issue

5. I've tried unsyncing and resyncing music from the device.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Have restarted many times.

Your device

Galaxy Nexus

Device’s Operating System

Jellybean - 4.2.2

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

12 GB free

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

9.1.53 (on this machine)

My mobile provider and country

TMobile

My username

Efishman

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

Yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

non FB details

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

Not really. I could post one of the log in screen, but it wouldn't demonstrate the problem I'm having with the lag. Posting a photo that shows the it's playing would demonstrate that there's no music.

Who Me Too'd this topic