Premium

Country

UK and abroad

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12

Hi all, 

I have been using Spotify with google chromecast audio connected to two pairs of powered speakers for about 4 months now and with no trouble until yesterday.

for some reason unknown, both my wife and I were unable to connect and cast to any of the chromecast enabled speakers in our house.

Spotify app would see them and would try to connect but after a few seconds would revert to the message saying “devices available”.

This issue persisted throughout the night  but for some reason unknown at around 2am it worked fine again and I was able to connect to one of my speakers and remain connected as oneceoukd expect to.

today the issue happened again and I am no longer able to connect or cast to any speaker.

i tried to cast using the Spotify web player and much the same issue happened with it. No connection was possible between app and chromecast dongle.

ive reset all devices including the router but nothing made any difference.

can anyone confirm whether this issue is related to Spotify or is it a chromecast issue.

its worth pointing out that Tune in radio has no issues casting to my speakers.

and even more weird, Spotify has no trouble casting to my denon avr2300 amp which has Spotify connect built in.

any help with this matter would be much appreciated!!

Cheers,

P.

Who Me Too'd this topic