Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I have a significant issue with Spotify when my phone is connected via Bluetooth to my car (Lexus RX450h). Usually when I listen to Google Play Music or Youtube on the Bluetooth input and then change to Radio, the car send a Pause signal to the app and when I'm listening to Radio the music/video is paused. When I click back over to Bluetooth, the car sends a signal to resume and Google Play Music or Youtube resumes the music, no problem.

However, with the Spotify app when I change from Radio to Bluetooth, there is no Pause signal sent to the app and Spotify continues to "play music" with the track advancing but of course no sound because the input is on Radio. The problem is when I change back to Bluetooth input, the car thinks that it should resume Spotify app but it's already playing so it gets super confused and no sound comes out. The only fix is to manually press the Play/Pause button twice on the car's dashboard to force the app to Play/Pause and re-sync the audio. If I try to do it on the app it doesn't work.

This not an issue with any Google apps (Youtube, Google Play Music) so it is definitely something that Spotify can resolve.

Developers, can you please fix this bug? I've replicated it multiple times.

Thanks

Who Me Too'd this topic