Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Spotify App on LG C9 no sound on playback

I recently purchased an LG C9 OLED TV (this is the 2019 model) and when trying to stream music using the built in Spotify app I get no sound despite the track showing as playing. I am using the most recent version of the app. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Volume is turned up. Mute is off. Audio is through internal TV speakers, no external devices are connected. I have a Spotify premium subscription and I am logged in through facebook. Other apps (e.g. Netflix) work with no issues.

Is this a known issue with the Spotify app on LG decives (or this specific device)?

Also, after about 30 seconds of streaming the app will randomly jump back to the Spotify home screen. Further, selecting play to start streaming a track only works intermittently, most of the time nothing happens.

I called LG tech support. They concluded it's an issue with the app and not the TV but they have no record of similar issues reported by other customers (not sure if that's tracked but the lady said she's not aware of an issue).

Who Me Too'd this topic