Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I've just received the new Library update on iOS, but now I can't easily access much of the music I've saved.

Previously if I saved or "liked" a single song on an album, the album would appear under Albums in my Library. I did this quite frequently, especially from within other playlists.  A recent update changed the behaviour so that opening the album from the library displayed all tracks, not just the ones I saved, but now with this update the only Albums that appear at all are ones where I have saved/liked the full album.

This means that my Library is now missing an enormous chunk of the music I'd saved. How on Earth is this an improvement? With the Recently Added section and For You sections also gone or buried, the most frequent ways I accessed my library have completely disappeared. What am I supposed to do?

Figuring out what songs are missing, and going and finding their albums to save, is now considerably more difficult since even Songs has been removed. The effort I'd need to put into that would be about the same effort it would take to rebuild my library on another music service that doesn't hide my music from me.

Who Me Too'd this topic