Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Spotify Changes Default Download Location By Itself

My Question or Issue

I am using Spotify Version 8.5.31.676 for Android.  Twice in the last week, the Spotify app has, on its own, changed the default storage location for music downloads.  Specifically, it changed the storage location from my SD card to the phone's internal storage.

The first time happened immediately after updating the Spotify app.  The second time came after installing an Android OS security update from LG.

I only noticed both times because I saw Spotify had started downloading over 4,000 songs onto my phone's internal storage.  It came within an eyelash of completely filling up my phone's hard drive!

In each case, I managed to get the default location reset to the SD card, but not without having to re-download thousands of songs and use up a *considerable* amount of bandwidth.  (BTW, the whole purpose of downloading songs is to conserve bandwidth.)

Two questions:

#1) Is there a way to prevent this storage location switch from happening?

#2) If/When it does happen again, is there a quick way to stop the download process before it gets too far along?

I love Spotify, and listen for quite a few hours each day.  However, this is a really annoying bug, and I would like to get it fixed.  Otherwise, I'll just have to give up completely on downloading music.

Thanks!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG G7 ThinQ

Operating System

Android Pie

Who Me Too'd this topic