Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Spotify not showing all Echo groups

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 11 Pro Max

Operating System: iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I want to create a new music group since I’ve added a new Echo speaker. However, the new group would not show up in the Spotify app. Reading some of the suggested “fixes”, I’ve deleted all multi room music groups in the Amazon Alexa app and re-created them. Spotify will only show the first two groups that I ever create. All subsequent groups are not shown until I delete a prior group (depending on the speakers in that group). 

E.g.: if I create an “Everywhere“ group followed by “Dining Room“, both groups will show in the Spotify app. Creating a third group called will not show until I delete the Everywhere group or the Dining Room group.

I also attempted creating groups with unique names (E.g.: Test001, Test002, Test003, etc.) for groups just in case there was some weird duplication issue but it didn’t not resolve the issue.

I also attempted creating groups with speakers that were only the same model and we’re not duplicated in other groups. This had the most interesting results, as it seems that speakers that appear in different groups will not show in the app unless they are included as par of the first two groups created.  

E.g.: “everywhere”, and a “stereo pair”, will show in the app.  But “dining room” won’t show up because it’s the third group and its speakers are also part of everywhere. (Of the “everywhere” group is deleted, “dining room” shows up in the Spotify app)

Soooo... what do I need to do to make this work so I can group other speakers together? Or is this a Spotify limitation?

Who Me Too'd this topic