Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
I've found numerous posts about this issue, but after a maddening 4 days of troubleshooting, fix trial and error, etc. etc. I'm still at a loss at how to definitively get this working. To anyone at Spotify working with Amazon on this issue I think the MANY Spotify customers who are struggling with this would appreciate a solution once and for all. Here is the quick synopsis:
- I have developed a home audio solution using a set of Amazon Echo Dots (7 of them) that plug into amplifiers and drive speakers throughout my home. It's an awesome solution and it's a powerful, simple, and relatively cost-effective way of modernizing a home audio implementation.
- I've used a combination of re-purposed Dots from a prior home, and bought several new ones.
- Each have been de-registered from an old account and re-registered and re-named to a new Amazon account and email address to keep everything clean
- After each have been set up, I've linked my Spotify account to the Amazon account and the named Dots begin to appear as "devices" that I can stream audio too. This goes for groups as well that I've created.
- What I find is that about half of the Dot names are correct in Spotify, and the rest are named "... Echo Dot", "... 2nd Echo Dot", "... 3rd Echo Dot", etc.
Over 4 days, I have done the following:
- Confirmed that everything is properly named in my Alexa app
- Unlinked and relinked my Spotify account with Amazon
- Rebooted my access point, router, etc.
- Logged out of every device on this account, rebooted everything, and logged back in
- Changed names of all the devices still listed as "... x Echo Dot"
- Allocated different IP addresses via DHCP to all my Dots
- Cleared the cache / data for the Spotify an Alexa apps on my Android phone
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify and Alexa apps on my Android
- Every other permutation of the above!
All everyone posting this problem (people write it up in many different ways) wants is for naming and naming changes of Alexa devices to be consistent, recognized, and happen immediately. I cannot for the life of me figure out how some of the names are being captured and stored, and why something as simple as capturing a renaming isn't working. Can anyone help figure this out? Where is this "stale data" even being stored and why won't it update no matter what users try? Please help!
Solved! Go to Solution.