Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

How can I listen to just one podcast episode (Autoplay is disabled)?

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone

Operating System

iOS 15.2

My Question or Issue

According to related posts it would seem that many users prefer to listen to several episodes of a podcast on autoplay. I am the opposite. One of my scenarios: Play a particular podcast episode and go to sleep. The sleep timer is a great feature for music, but it does not work well with podcasts because episodes rarely come in exact durations of 5, 10, 15 etc. minutes. So using the sleep timer would mean that the app stops playing before the episode is over or start the next and stop while playing it. I don't want a history of half-played episodes on my phone.

According to this fix report , an issue with podcasts not autoplaying was recently fixed. That's great for those who want it, but is it possible that this correction is having an adverse effect on how podcasts interact with the queue if Autoplay is disabled in settings?

I can see three ways of starting a podcast episode:

1. Go to the podcast and tap Play for an episode while looking at the list of episodes.
  2. Tap the title of an episode so that it's details are displayed, then tap Play.
  3. Add an episode to the queue in the same way you add a song.

According to a post I read, but cannot find anymore, procedure no. 2 should only play that particular episode, then stop. Only that it doesn't (anymore).

I need a reliable way of achieving this that would ideally also work over CarPlay. Ultimately, having two Autplay switches in settings (one for music, one for podcasts) might be the best approach and give everyone the flexibility they need.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Heddy

Who Me Too'd this topic