Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Spotify says "no internet connection available", but will play SOME online music

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung S21 Ultra

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Got an S21 Ultra a few weeks ago. Ever since, Spotify is almost always saying it is offline, and that there is "no internet connection available". HOWEVER -- it will let me listen to any music or podcasts that are in my library. It will NOT let me select a song from a playlist, album, etc., but will play if I start it with "shuffle play", at which point I can turn off shuffle and skip through the tracks as normal.

Every other app on my phone accesses the internet just fine at all times.

I have updated the app, uninstalled and completely reinstalled multiple times. I have turned "offline mode" on and off several times. I have cleared the cache. Nothing makes a scrap of difference -- approximately 80% of the time, it starts up like this and nothing seems to make a difference. The other 20% of the time, it starts up JUST FINE, but eventually the stated problem always crops up, whether I'm sitting still at my desk connected to the wifi, driving around with a strong 5G connection, anything in between.

Attached is a screenshot. 

Screenshot_20220104-162925_Spotify.jpg
Who Me Too'd this topic