NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

is_playable field returns incorrect result

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

My Question or Issue

My app calls the "playlists/tracks" endpoint to get a list of songs in the user's playlist. When it does this, it specifies "AU" for the market field. It then checks the "is_playable" field for each song that is returned to determine whether the song is available in Australia.

This system has always worked fine but in the past week, there's been a strange bug in the data returned from the endpoint. I have not modified the app at all so it is definitely an issue with the API and not with the app.

For a number of songs, the "is_playable" field returns false even though the song is definitely available in Australia (I am able to play it on my phone). To see an example of this, try calling the "playlists/tracks" endpoint for a playlist containing the song with id "0jIa8Bckzoy7bgURBZXxNB" (The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stephani) and set the market to "AU". This is one of the songs that the endpoint says is not available playable in Australia even though I can definitely play it on my phone in Australia.

I'm assuming this is a bug in the API. It would be great if this could be fixed.

Who Me Too'd this topic