Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Bring back the Discover page's functionality!

I woke up this morning, went to my Spotify Discover page looking for some new music, and found this... 

Spotify Screenshot 10-23-2014.png

Wiz Khalifa, Paramore, Rascal Flatts, My Chemical Romance, Metallica, Queen, Haim. Britney Spears, Brad Paisley, Naughty Boy, Lady Antebellum, Florence and the Machine, 50 Cent, R. Kelly, T.I. The Lumineers. 

Top 40 hits from today, and my adolescence. Hip hop. Twang pop. Current pop-alternative. Generic classic rock. 

At the risk of sounding like a hipster, my musical taste is varried, and almost never dips into any of those piedgon holes, save for classic rock. Spotify used to be fantastic at showing me artists based on the artists I enjoy. They seemed not to pander to the most popular or succesful either. I got results from artists with a range of followers, from millions, down to dozens. Most new music I've listened to in the past year, including many of my new favorites stemmed from that page. 

At first I thought this was a bug, something temporarily wrong with my page. Then I found this... http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/What-happened-to-Discover/td-p/857597/page/8

Some seem to have been affected by this a few months ago. I suppose it's just caught up with me. On the tenth page of that thread, someone recommends we voice our concerns here. So I am. 

Please Spotify, aside from having a very comprehensive library of music, the Discover page was what I loved most about you. Bring it back. Leave the pop on the Top Lists page where it belongs. 

PS: Yes, that's μTorrent I have open. Look what you're making me do! 

Who Me Too'd this topic