Who Me Too'd this topic

Spotify Family (Q&A)

Spotify
Spotify

Premium for Family

Premium for Family lets you get six separate Premium accounts (you plus up to 5 family members) with one discounted monthly subscription.

You and each of your family (at the same address) you invite will enjoy:

• Unlimited high-quality streaming access to over 30 millions songs
  • Play music without internet connection
  • No ad interruptions
  • Travel abroad with your music

Note: Premium for Family is not eligible for promotions or for payment through Spotify gift cards. It's not possible to subscribe to Premium for Family with iTunes in-app payments.

1. Head to spotify.com/family.
  2. Click UPGRADE.
    Note: If you don't have a Spotify account yet: when you see the login screen, click Sign up. After you create an account, you'll be returned to Premium for Family signup.
  3. Click on the plan and enter your payment details.
  4. Click START MY SPOTIFY PREMIUM.

Congratulations! Not only do you now have a Premium account, you are also the administrator of six Premium accounts, in charge of inviting/removing members to or from Premium for Family.

Invite a member

Only the administrator of the plan is able to invite a member. 

To invite someone to join one of the allotted subaccounts in your plan:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on an available Empty Slot.
  4. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. ClickSEND INVITE.

Change a member

Only the administrator of the plan can change a member.

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on the member you would like to change.
  4. Click CHANGE THIS MEMBER
  5. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. ClickSEND INVITE.

Accept an invite

If you’ve received an email invitation to join Premium for Family, first of all, congratulations! Secondly, in the email, click ACCEPT INVITATION. Then:

• If you already have a Free or Spotify.com-created Premium account: the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. ClickREDEEM.
  • If you do not have a Spotify account: you will be led to create a Free level account. After doing so, click ACCEPT INVITATION again on the email and the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. Click REDEEM
  • If you have a Premium account created through any other company than Spotify: you will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Premium for Family. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for cancelling.

How many accounts can I have on the plan?

Premium for Family is for you and up to 5 additional members. That means you can have 6 people in total on the same plan - each enjoying their own Premium account under one bargain price!

How am I charged?

Whether the subaccounts that come with your Premium for Family subscription are in use or not, you’ll be charged the full subscription price every month on the same date you signed up.

What happens if I cancel?

If you cancel, all the accounts on your Premium for Family (including your own), will revert back to the Free level at the end of your current billing cycle.

Note: You can choose to downgrade to standard Premium, meaning all subaccounts will revert to Free except for yours. You will then be charged the standard Premium rate at your next billing date. Just head to your subscription overview and select Switch to Premium.

What are the restrictions on the members I can add to Premium for Family?

To be added to Premium for Family, a person must:

• Reside at the same physical address as you.
  • Be a Free user, or a Premium user who purchased their Premium directly from Spotify (and not, for example, through iTunes or a mobile operator).

Can Premium for Family be used with other plans such as student discounts, or plans joined through a phone company, etc.?

Sorry, no. Any discounts cannot be applied to Premium for Family accounts.

I'm already on a Premium subscription. What happens to my billing when I become a Premium for Family admin user?

When you upgrade your subscription from regular Premium to Premium for Family, any remaining time that you've already paid for will be converted into a Premium for Family subscription, so this can bring your next payment date forward. You can review your renewal date on the subscription page.

Note: If you subscribed through any other company than Spotify, you will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Premium for Family. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for canceling.

I've been invited to join Premium for Family, and I already have a Premium subscription. How is my billing affected when I join?

When you accept the invite, you're added to Premium for Family when your current billing period runs out. You won't be charged for your account any further - your payments are handled by the plan owner.

However, if your Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party - such as iTunes or your mobile operator - you'll need to contact them to cancel your Premium first.

If you're accepting a Premium for Family invite from the same device it was sent from, please make sure you’re logged in into your account before clicking Accept Invite.

Can I add a member from another country to my Premium for Family?

People in different countries cannot be on the same Premium for Family. They should reside at the same physical address as the owner of the master account.

Did this family plan change recently?

Yes! As of May 24, we made some changes to Spotify Family (and renamed it to Premium for Family). Now, rather than incremental prices for each additional subaccount, you will always have slots for up to five accounts (in addition to your own) that you can assign or reassign to your family members whenever you want. And all under one new price, meaning better value! 

Who Me Too'd this topic