Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Account hacked

Hi,

My account got hacked today, it's a very old account that i later synced with facebook. I can still log in through Facebook but the hacker changed the old password for the original username, deleted all my playlists and then changed the email address over to [snip for security reasons]. I'm still paying for the Premium membership but I can't change the email back to mine because the password has been changed. I can't use the contact form because it sends the emails to the fake email address! I've tweeted the SpotifyCares page but still waiting for help. My contact number is still correct and would like to receive emails at a new email address: [snip for security reasons]

Many thanks,

David Walton

1 Reply

Hey there @gangstamong, welcome to the community!

First of all, I removed your email addresses from your post above since this is a public forum 🙂 Now, about your issue, you can use the anonymous form to get in touch with Spotify staff directly. Just make sure that you're not logged in the community or Spotify, as well as add any relevant information so that Spotify staff knows which account you need help with.

Make sure if you receive an automated reply directing you back in the community, to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply!

Support gets back within 24-48 hours.

Hope this was helpful!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts