Plan 

Premium*

Country - USA

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I've never had this happen but when I upgraded my phone and downloaded Spotify for it (it gets 3 devices it can sync with and I only use my phone and laptop). Anyhow, a screen pops up that says "Allow tracking to..." And then it only give ONE button that says "CHOOSE". In different words - there is no choice whatsoever* Why is that??? Did Spotify recently decide they won't give people options on if they want be tracked or not (oh, and... for 'Ads)? My music is literally blocked unless I CHOOSE (which, it doesn't seem there is another choice?)

6 Replies

Hey @crumnation101,

Thanks for the post!

Can you clarify on which device you're getting this message and exactly when? It would be great if you can attach some screenshots of the issue.

Once we have this info, we'll do our best to clarify what's happening.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue : either press ‘CHOOSE’ or cannot access Spotify… as in NO CHOICE?? THis is ridiculous!

should I close my Spotify account after all these years? Already being encouraged by all to close accounts with Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram because of the Facebook/Meta data policies 

Hey there @geraldinemaryholland!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community. We'd love to help out with this, but to get started we'll need a bit more info about what you're experiencing exactly.

Can you send us a screenshot of the message you're getting and let us know when it appears for you. Info about the device you're using like OS and Spotify version will also help us get to the bottom of this faster. 

Thanks for your cooperation on this.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This is about to make me cancel my premium membership forever

IMG_0810.png

Hi @Metard79,

Welcome to the thread!

Keep in mind that tracking is used for personalization purposes. It helps Spotify, as well as other apps provide more accurate suggestions based on some of the data from your likes, dislikes, listening habits, etc., in order to enhance your experience.

If you'd like, you can go to Settings on your iPhone > Spotify and toggle off Allow Tracking.

Hope this helps clear things up and the Community's here if you've got any other questions 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

**bleep** has been so annoying. so i went thru settings x spotify and saw no "allow tracking" toggle. i finally hit "choose" to see if it appeared, and first of all, iphone right away gives you the choice you're looking for, which you've seen in other apps: "ask app not to track" / "allow tracking" obviously choose the "phuc you, don't track me" option, then you can go back to: settings x spotify and you'll notice now a toggle for allow tracking has appeared. if you made the right choice, the switch will be off, if you accidentally tapped "allow" after the annoying spoitfy ad where you press "choose", this will revert back to not being tracked. it's not the one way door it presents itself as.

Suggested posts