Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot recover password due to old email address

Solved!

Cannot recover password due to old email address

When I signed up for Spotify I used an email that I do not longer have access to. This makes it difficult for me to recover my password. However, I do have a premium account and money is still being drawn from my account every month, so somehow I should be able to identify myself through this and recover my password. Anyone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further in recovering your account. They will probably need to verify a few details to prove you are the owner of the account in private 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further in recovering your account. They will probably need to verify a few details to prove you are the owner of the account in private 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thank you so much!

It seems as if they don't reply at all to my current email address, but to my old registered one (despite that I wrote in the message that I didn't have access to this anymore). Are there alternative ways to contact them?

Try this form which allows you to specify the return address 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hi I am having the same problem here.
However when I fill in the second form that you provided here. Then I only get a automated response in Swedish telling me to go to the forums here then nothing... however, it was the forums here that directed me there in the first place.
So what can I do to be able to properly log into the product that I am paying for (right now i can only login via FB with limited access) other then stop paying for spotify?

Return adress is email address removed to protect privacy

Hey @vaspian please reply to that email and you should hear back from one of the support team within 48 hours. If you haven't heard more by then, post the 8 digit case number here and I'll chase it up.

Hi it's been over 48 hr's now.

I did hear back from the support team but still no solution: there was no 8 digit cas nr, the only reference I have is this :ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0dTN5Q:ref
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello Luke,                                                                                                                                                                                                  2 days ago
Thanks for reaching out, 
i hope that you are well. 

If it makes it easier, I can change the email address of your Premium account to the email address that you are currently using.

All I will need is just to confirm some security details such as : 

- date of birth 
- Last 4 digits of payment card. 

I look forward for your reply 🙂 

Best wishes,

Ruben de Carvalho

♫♫ Spotify Customer Support - Cambridge - UK ♫♫

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0dTN5Q:ref
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Ruben                                                                                                                                                                                                             2 days ago

Yes that will make it much easier if it means that a recovery password will be sent there, thank you.

Date of birth: xx/xx/xxxx
Last four digits: xxxx
It is possible that the card number does not match what is on my account as I recently (last week) had to change the payment details in order to update my premium status.

Thanks for your help.
🙂
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Luke,                                                                                                                                                                                                          2 days ago

Cool that all matches . 

Now I will do that and I'll delete the other account for you too, how does that sound? 
You some some music on that account, do you want me to transfer that music over ? 

I shall wait for your reply 

Best wishes,

Ruben de Carvalho

♫♫ Spotify Customer Support - Cambridge - UK ♫♫

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0dTN5Q:ref
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What? No don't delete the account. I just want to be able to have full access to it via Spoitfy instead of having to rely on FB to access it(and I can't use all my premium benefits when logging on via FB) 😛                                                                                     2 days ago
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hellooooo Is the recovery password coming?                                                                                                                                      23 hours ago

Give them a little more time, someone should definitely get back to you since your case will be open in the system.

Peter

Suggested posts