Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change an account connected to facebook to an "actual" spotify account

Solved!

Change an account connected to facebook to an "actual" spotify account

My problem is a common one I think. I want to "disconnect" spotify from my facebook, so I can listnen to it without having to login to facebook. Either by making a new account, or by unlinking the account I have at the moment.

I've seen and tried all kinds of solutions from reinstalling spotify to making a new account. None of then actually work. I have had a spotify account first, then connected this account to facebook. Not the other way around.

I'm missing the "disconnect from facebook" option in the program. The username I see at the moment is a numer witch suggests that I have regestration done the other way arround. Again, not the case. 

I have turned the platform of facebook off and wited 24hrs, but all this has done, is creating a new account somehow and changing the username (leaving me without my playlists in the new account). When I look for my "old" user name (or numer in this case) I see my old playlistst, but there is no way I can login using this old account.

Creating a new account isn't working either. Even after again tunring the platform of facebook off, again waiting 24-36hrs it still tells me that my email I want to use is linked to my facebook. If I want to do a password reset, I have to turn to facebook for it.

The people from spotify don't know how to offer support I guess. I've tried twitter and several e-mails without an answer. I hope one of you guys could help me with this or know how to get spotify to help me.

(ah, and sorry if my spelling a is a little off, i'm not native English)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Peter, Just wanted to let you know we've solved the matter. In short:

1) Disconnected Facebook

2) Spotify Support made it that I could crate a new account with the same email as i had used to create my facebook account. I guess the deleted the mailadres from the other spotify accounts (or did some other black magic ;-)).

3) I created a new spotify account with the same maildress as I have used to create the facebook account

4) Support had the playlists transferd to the new account. Because the ownership of the playlists was still set to the "old" accounts, I had to create a new playlist and transfer the tracks and share them again (not a problem though).

5) Enjoy spotify again, without having to login to facebook 🙂

I hope this will help with answering future questions, similair to this one.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Yes. Spotify needs to separate from Facebook altogether.

Or. when this isn't possible (can't see why not), at least offer the opportunety to delete the current account all together and create a new account with the same email or same login name. I mean, if you only have one email adres, and were stupid enough to connect spotify to facebook, you're f**ked (pardon my french).

Hey @Escapist_1 , If the username is a 10 digit number, this account was created with a facebook login. It sounds like you may have created a second account rather than just linking an existing account to facebook. If you get in touch with the account team here, they'll be delighted to help you with setting up a new spotify user account. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

I did ask for this to be made possible, they said no unfortunately.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Implement-a-way-to-transfer-from-a-Spotify-account-cre...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Like I said, that is just the case. I did make a "regular" account first and was able to use it. Then connected it to facebook, this is when the username changed to a numer. Could this have something to do that at some point it was a necessety to use a facebook account and this messed up the regestration?

The problem I'm experiencing right now, is that I have an email adres that I use soly for these purposes (regestration of facebook, spotify,and more) I want to use this adres again to get my "regular" account *back* or, at least be able to create a *new* account. If this means deleting the account all together and losing everything I have right now, so be it.

If you get in touch with the account team here, they'll be delighted to help you with setting up a new spotify user account. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

I don't have trouble creating a new account with an other email, heck I've done this already soly to be able to post on the community, this is beside the point.

And wait for an e-mail, are you kiding me? I've sent a mail in dutch through the dutch pages and in English through the Enligsh pages. 3weeks later I'm still waiting for a reply. I'm past sending e-mails.

@, Unfortunatly, I figuered this out as well. I'ts not possible to change from facebook to "regular". But I didn't quite see if it was possible to get the mail adres unlinked and make a brand new account? Or is this tied together?

If you created your account without Facebook, it will have a username that is not a number. Do you know what that username is? A numerical username almost always points to an account created by Facebook, so sounds like you have two accounts.

Customer services can free up an email address for you, unfortunately it isn't something we can do here on the community.

Peter

@ I'm sure I previously dindn't have 2 accounts since I only own 2 email adresses. One for regestering accounts, other for actually reading mail. Previously, I was able to login without facebook, that is the strange part of it. But ok, if we keep arguing this, we are not making progress here. 

Customer services can free up an email address for you, unfortunately it isn't something we can do here on the community.

Could you direct me to the exact page to do so? Like I said, several e-mails later without reply, I'm beginning to start wondering if the community is the only place where there is some kind of response,

Sounds like you have already submitted a few cases, do you have any automated replies from those in your inbox which have an 8-digit case number (#) in it?

Peter

I have, I can pm you the most recent one if this helps. 

Just post it here, makes it easier for me to escalate over to the Spotify guys. 😉

Peter

Allright, the most recent case number I've got is #01586274. Thanks 🙂
What's your experience in getting a response to the posts you have escalated? I'm not going to hold you to it in any way 😉

My best guess is someone will pick it up tomorrow.

Peter

Allright, let's hope so :). ... Thanks for the help.

@Peter, again thanks for contacting Spotify support for me. Finally we're talking 🙂

@Escapist_1 - Glad to hear it, I meant to post back when I saw someone pick the case up earlier but I will admit it slipped my mind!

Hopefully they can get it sorted for you! 🙂

Peter

Marked as solution

Hi Peter, Just wanted to let you know we've solved the matter. In short:

1) Disconnected Facebook

2) Spotify Support made it that I could crate a new account with the same email as i had used to create my facebook account. I guess the deleted the mailadres from the other spotify accounts (or did some other black magic ;-)).

3) I created a new spotify account with the same maildress as I have used to create the facebook account

4) Support had the playlists transferd to the new account. Because the ownership of the playlists was still set to the "old" accounts, I had to create a new playlist and transfer the tracks and share them again (not a problem though).

5) Enjoy spotify again, without having to login to facebook 🙂

I hope this will help with answering future questions, similair to this one.

Suggested posts