Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing mail

Changing mail

Dear spotify fans,

I'm using my fathers spotify account because he was only using it during sunday drives and such. Because I was using spotify for 99% of the time all of the playlists, saved albums and such, are mine. 
But now my father wants to use it quite regularly so I decided that I would pay for the premium account we already have and wanted to change the account email from his email account to mine. But that doesn't seem to work. Spotify keeps saying the my email address is already used. 
I figured out that it has something to do with a Facebook account being linked so I disconnected the link between the Spotify account of my father and my Facebook account. Tried changing email again but still no success. 
Then I tried logging in with my email and Spotify said the email doesn't exist. 

The problem is that I can't change email because Spotify says the email I want to change it too is already taken but it is not. What to do?

4 Replies

Anyone? Still facing this problem.

Have you tried changing your email here?

Yes i tried that multiple times but it keeps saying that the mail i want to change it too is already used but it's not. I know that it's not because when i try the 'forgot password' function Spotify tells me that the email account doesn't exist. 

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you with this.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Suggested posts