Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Converting Premium to Duo

Converting Premium to Duo

I have been sharing my Individual Premium account with my daughter. I did not use the account very much, so she was able to enjoy it. However, my needs have changed and it's time for us to have two premium accounts. I am interested in Duo. I will be the Plan Manager. I will turn my existing Premium account into Duo, and I understand that all my saved songs, playlists, etc. will be saved with my credentials.

My QUESTION is this:  When she "accepts" the invite to join the Duo account and creates her own account credentials for first time and gets verified, will she "see" the content that was in my legacy Individual Premium account, or will her User Interface be empty of content, and be a blank slate? 

The ISSUE is that: a lot of the song/playlist content currently in my existing Premium Individual account are her preferences and saved content. How do we migrate "content" from an individual account to a Duo account, so the content is the same once she "accepts" the invite and joins. I have read all the threads, and I have learned that if two individuals have had their own pre-existing accounts and then join a Duo account, their historic "content" follows them, etc.  But do you have any advice about how to mirror, or duplicate, the content from a single pre-existing Individual account into the profile of someone who will be a member of Duo, but who will also be a new, first-time Spotify member?

1 Reply

Hi @hcousins,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

I’ve moved your post to a relevant Help board, where it fits better.

When your daughter creates a new Spotify account and accepts the invite to join your new Premium Duo plan, she won’t automatically have any of the saved content (such as playlists and Liked Songs) from your Spotify account, even if she had been actively using it.

However, after creating a new Spotify account, your daughter can follow the steps in this FAQ article to transfer content from your (previously shared) Spotify account to her new one. Note that since Spotify's recent changes with respect to playlist privacy commands,  you'll also need to select "Add to profile" in Step 1 after setting each of your playlists to Public, in order to be able to transfer them to her new Spotify account in this way.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts