Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deactivated facebook

Deactivated facebook

"Question: I deleted my Facebook account. I had two emails linked to my Facebook in the time I used it, I no longer wish to have a Facebook about and when I deleted it I noticed neither of the accounts were on premium. The first email I had was "Krusty----@-------.com" I then deleted that email from the Facebook and used my primary email "indgo--------@---l.com" I will continue to use indgo-----. I have plenty of PayPal receipts to show I have been paying for and using my spotify account but I am a bit upset that just because I deactivated my Facebook I am no longer a premium user and I'm sure on August 30th I will be charged again for an account I can not use. Can you please help me fix this? My PayPal email account was also "Indgo---@----.com" thank you for your time."
I sent this in an email to the support team and they did absolutely nothing. i'm really upset that they just sent me here, and i cant find any threads to help me out, i honestly dont want to even use spotify anymore because i went directly to the source and they just did nothing... if this is a simple fix, please tell me, because this is just crap.
6 Replies

If your Spotify account was created using Facebook, that Facebook account must remain active to access your Spotify account. 

The support team should be able to sort this out for you though, did you get a non-automated reply from them? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi

I did not de-activate my facebook account, but I switched of Spotify, I think. 

When I log in again, I lost my playlists and am not a premium user anymore.

How can we fix this problem easiest?

If your account wasn't created using Facebook, all you should need to do is log in using your original Spotify username and password rather than your email address.

Peter

I am also trying to disconnect my facebook to my spotify account.  I did setup my login originally to use facebook as my login.  I am deactivating my facebook account but then I can't log into spotify.  I found a post regarding being connected to the wrong facebook account and steps to disconnect from that facebook account but when I go into 'Preferences' there is no option that I see to disconnect from facebook.  I am running Windows on my laptop.

Hey there! You'll have to create a new account unfortunately if yours was originally created with Facebook.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@user-removed - Unfortunately you will need a new account. See this post for details:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-Facebook/td-p/247266

Peter

Suggested posts