Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downgrade from Premium to Free

Solved!

Downgrade from Premium to Free

After a few months of enjoying Premium...I need to downgrade to Ad-Sponsored Free account. I looked into my online account settings, but it only seems to allow me to downgrade to Unlimited, not Free as I wish. Can you do it for me? Thank you. User: dahveedgr

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Dahveedgr- Albers is right, you can cancel via your subscription page. 

Under the heading 'Cancel your subscription' select 'View your options". From that page select "Click here to continue to the cancellation page" at the bottom. 

I've attached a picture of the page you'll be directed to:Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 7.49.59 AM.png

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

No worries - your account will stay exactly how it is, but just on the free service.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

View solution in original post

24 Replies

What do you get when you subscribe here

You tryed under subscriptions? 

Marked as solution

Hi Dahveedgr- Albers is right, you can cancel via your subscription page. 

Under the heading 'Cancel your subscription' select 'View your options". From that page select "Click here to continue to the cancellation page" at the bottom. 

I've attached a picture of the page you'll be directed to:Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 7.49.59 AM.png

I am also trying to downgrade because of the money, and overtime I try entering my password to confirm the transaction, it says incorrect. So I went to facebook and changed my password, but still, nothing.

Hi DannyB- I recommend first changing your Internet browser. Then head over to Facebook making sure you're logged out of your profile. 

Then head over to your subscription page give the downgrade another try. 

Are you able to keep your login information, playlists, or does everything delete along with your subscription?

I would still like to keep my account, just not the paid version.

Marked as solution

No worries - your account will stay exactly how it is, but just on the free service.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

I have the same problem. As it is a free service of our hostingprovider, I cannot adjust 'subscription'. I would not like to loose my playinglists though...
It is not clear to me if this is possible and how to manage this before my account is deleted automaticaly...

kind regards

Once your subscription provided by your other provider ends, your Spotify account will simply revert to Spotify free. No need to worry, you will still be able to access your playlists and music on the free service and then you can also upgrade to premium again if you like! 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Attempting to downgrade from Premium to free but when I click Subscription, there's a heading saying "Payment Details" but the box underneath is blank and in fact the rest of the entire page is blank so I am unable to unsubscribe. I've tried different browsers also. What gives? Appreciate any advice.

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 12.08.21 PM.png

For me it doesn't even come up under subscriptions so I can't delete my account and I can't downgrade I live in Canada I don't know if that has anything to do with it

It's the same for me

Did u end up figuring it out

This is a jip I don't even like this app anymore. 12.99??? You serious just wanted to pay the 0.99 done super done with this app

F**k Spotify str8 up!!

Hey!

It seems you're paying for Spotify using iTunes. As seen on here, you can follow the steps in subscribe directly via your Account Subscription page.

The FAQ also mentioned you'll need to subscribe directly on Spotify.com to avail the offers you see on the Premium page.

Hope this helps.

I also want a downgrade to free. But as confirmation i need to give my password. But I get the message password incorrect. I tried differnt computers with diffefernt OS. Android nothing seems to solve this problem.

Help, please! 😞 I've been enjoying Spotify Premium but also need to downgrade to the free version. The account on my phone is on Premium, but the account on my laptop is free and I don't know why. I can't seem to find out how to downgrade the one on my phone though, please help 😞

Help, please! 😞 I've been enjoying Spotify Premium but also need to downgrade to the free version. The account on my phone is on Premium, but the account on my laptop is free and I don't know why. I can't seem to find out how to downgrade the one on my phone though, please help 😞

Suggested posts