Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code 101?

Solved!

Error code 101?

So in the midddle of playing today my account first went offline and wouldn't come back on line. Then when I tried to fix it it wouldn't work. Then it went off completely and now when i try to log in it says that there is error code 101 and it's a problem with my firewall...thoughts? I don;t know how to fix this!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I contacted support direct and they gave me the answer copied below. Incidentally I had to use the second solution:

Hello Rex,
Sorry to hear your enjoyment of Spotify has been disrupted.
If you haven't already, carry out these steps:
- Remove “Spotify” from firewall exceptions list(s) - Clean reinstallation (see instructions for each operating system: http://www.spotify.com/se/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify) - Add “Spotify” to exceptions list(s)
Failing that. May I suggest re-installing Spotify but with our 'preview version' using the link below?
http://www.spotify.com/uk/download/previews/
You can locate the download underneath the heading of 'Gapless playback & crossfade preview version'. Then select the download depending on which operating system you are using (Mac - Win).
This re-install should prompt the firewall to add Spotify as an exception.
Hopefully this helps and gets you back enjoying Spotify in no time.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you very much for the link, I followed the instruction and I can know listen to Spotify !!!

Marked as solution

It will not let me log in. I have allowed it through my firewall. Unistalled and reinstalled a million times and it still says the same thing 😞 Help?!

Marked as solution

If you haven't already, carry out these steps: - Remove “Spotify” from firewall exceptions list(s) - Clean reinstallation (see instructions for each operating system: http://www.spotify.com/se/help/faq/tech/clean-rein​stallation-of-spotify) - Add “Spotify” to exceptions list(s) Failing that. May I suggest re-installing Spotify but with our 'preview version' using the link below? http://www.spotify.com/uk/download/previews/ You can locate the download underneath the heading of 'Gapless playback & crossfade preview version'. Then select the download depending on which operating system you are using (Mac - Win). This re-install should prompt the firewall to add Spotify as an exception. Hopefully this helps and gets you back enjoying Spotify in no time.

Rex

Marked as solution

To try to help I have uploaded the the spotify that I used to get it right to my web site, as they seem to have changed the page. If you usse the following address to automatically download the file. Put the following into your browser and download should start automatically:

www.pawsobedience.co.uk/spotify_installer-0.8.2.527.g48d079d8.exe

Best of luck

Rex

Marked as solution

I've had this 101 for a two days now. Nothing seems to solve the problem.

I have done everything this thread has suggested, from deep clean to unblocking etc etc.

Won't be getting premium back until it's fully resolved.

EDIT: Removing McAfee solved this.

85 Replies

Please help, i'm not abel to connect to spotify, thers a banner that says, "Unabel to connect to spotify. Traying to reconnect: Error coed: 101" What dodes that mean?

I'm paying for Spotify Un limited. What do I do? It just happed two days ago...

I would be really pleased with an answer!

Kristin

Hi Kristin & SilverDragon13

The first thing you both should try is deleting the firewall settings on your desktops and uninstalling spotify. Then install Spotify again and add the whole application as trusted.

For more information on firewall error codes, check out this section of our help page. 

Could you provide some instructions for this firewall thing?  I have no separate firewall running; I'm just running OSX Lion and whatever security it automaticaly implements.  Spotify has been completely unusable since last week.  I deleted the settings and did a fresh reinstall, but all I get is this "Connection lost. Reconnecting... (error code: 101)" message.

Okay. A few days ago Spotify was working just fine. I went to work and when I got home it said I was in offline mode. I couldn't play any of my songs or anything so I thought I would log out and log back in. When I tried loging back in I got an Error 101 (meaning its blocked by my firewall) Well... its not blocked at all. I've deleted and reinstalled it several times. Restarted my computer and everything and nothing seems to work.... Any ideas?

I am having the same problem! It was fine until about Thursday or Friday. Now it keeps saying Error 101 when my firewall is set to allow it through!

hello Meredith,

I tried to follow your instruction, and it still doesnt work!!

do you have an other solution, please!!!

I really want my spotify to work !!

thanks

It's happened to me yesterday I have followed all instructions to the letter re-booted I don't no how many times deleted Spottily from the firewall, deleted it from my laptop and reloaded it again from the web site, even turned the firewall off but I get the same message error code 101.

What has happened and how can I sort it as I am now paying for nothing??

Rex

Marked as solution

I contacted support direct and they gave me the answer copied below. Incidentally I had to use the second solution:

Hello Rex,
Sorry to hear your enjoyment of Spotify has been disrupted.
If you haven't already, carry out these steps:
- Remove “Spotify” from firewall exceptions list(s) - Clean reinstallation (see instructions for each operating system: http://www.spotify.com/se/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify) - Add “Spotify” to exceptions list(s)
Failing that. May I suggest re-installing Spotify but with our 'preview version' using the link below?
http://www.spotify.com/uk/download/previews/
You can locate the download underneath the heading of 'Gapless playback & crossfade preview version'. Then select the download depending on which operating system you are using (Mac - Win).
This re-install should prompt the firewall to add Spotify as an exception.
Hopefully this helps and gets you back enjoying Spotify in no time.

Marked as solution

Thank you very much for the link, I followed the instruction and I can know listen to Spotify !!!

Marked as solution

It will not let me log in. I have allowed it through my firewall. Unistalled and reinstalled a million times and it still says the same thing 😞 Help?!

Hi Lartrip- I've just popped your post into this other thread.

Please have a look at the suggestions above. Let us know if you're still unable to log in after trying those troubleshooting steps. 

when i try to log in it keeps telling me error 101..what does 101 mean. I log in through facebook., but it goes to a page telling me about spotify.. but thats it.. Help

Hi blueandgold- I've just moved your post to this thread too. 

Please have a look at those suggestions above. Your account is fine and healthy on our end--just be sure you're always logging in with your Facebook email/password and Spotify isn't blocked by any firewalls. 

Can't log on to spotify anymore,  and it says I should allow it through the firewall but it already is. I've uninstalled and reinstalled spotify at least 7 times now and it still won't work. What do I do to solve it?

Mirandalindholm- Just popped your post over here too. 

Please have a look at some of the recommendations above. Also be sure you're logging in with your 'mirandalindholm' username/ Spotify password.

I have already done that. And it still doesn't work. And yes I've been using my spotify username when logging on.

Marked as solution

If you haven't already, carry out these steps: - Remove “Spotify” from firewall exceptions list(s) - Clean reinstallation (see instructions for each operating system: http://www.spotify.com/se/help/faq/tech/clean-rein​stallation-of-spotify) - Add “Spotify” to exceptions list(s) Failing that. May I suggest re-installing Spotify but with our 'preview version' using the link below? http://www.spotify.com/uk/download/previews/ You can locate the download underneath the heading of 'Gapless playback & crossfade preview version'. Then select the download depending on which operating system you are using (Mac - Win). This re-install should prompt the firewall to add Spotify as an exception. Hopefully this helps and gets you back enjoying Spotify in no time.

Rex

As I've already written: I have already reinstalled spotify several times, and I've followed the instructions on how to do it. Spotify is not blocked by my firewall. It's only frustrating to get the same answer all the time.
"It doesn't work" "Did you try doing A, B and C" "Yes, I did and it still doesnt work." "Well, then try do A, B and C". It's no help what so ever! :@
On the page you suggested (the link with the preview) have NO heading called "gapless playback & crossfade preview version" and the only preview available to download is spotify for android and linux. I have windows.

Marked as solution

To try to help I have uploaded the the spotify that I used to get it right to my web site, as they seem to have changed the page. If you usse the following address to automatically download the file. Put the following into your browser and download should start automatically:

www.pawsobedience.co.uk/spotify_installer-0.8.2.527.g48d079d8.exe

Best of luck

Rex

Suggested posts