Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook and Spotify account mix-up

Solved!

Facebook and Spotify account mix-up

So, I've got a pretty wierd problem. A few days some friends of mine saw that I was listening to some music I wouldn't normally do via the facebook integration. I logged in to check since I was not, in fact, listening to music through spotify at all. I logged in to my spotify account and notice that when I use my Facebook-login I get logged in one of my co-workers spotify-accounts. Also when she logs onto her spotify-account it shows the music she plays on my facebook page, that is my facebook-friends sees it as if I was listening to the music in the scrolling menu.

Any ideas on how to switch it back so that my facebook and spotify-accounts link to each other and hers to hers?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'd like to deactivate my facebook account but as I only joined Spotify recently how can I log into spotify when the only log in details I have are linked to my facebook account? This is hopefully quite easy but I just can't find the relevant information.

View solution in original post

36 Replies

Hey there!

I've just taken a look at your account, it appears to be currently connected to a "Jakobner" over on Facebook. When logging in, your "mringman01" account appears to be connected to the right Facebook. However, you should be able to disconnect Facebook over in the Preferences settings in Spotify, and then reconnect again, ensuring you are connecting to the right account. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I am trying to cancel my subscription and when i try to do so it askes me for my spotify password.  I cant unsubscribe because I used facebook to login to my account now it is asking for a spotify password to unsubscribe but no facebook authorizing option to unsubscribe.

Marked as solution

I'd like to deactivate my facebook account but as I only joined Spotify recently how can I log into spotify when the only log in details I have are linked to my facebook account? This is hopefully quite easy but I just can't find the relevant information.

If you've only just signed up to Spotify, chances are you created it through a Facebook account. In this case, you'll need to have an active Facebook account in order to use Spotify. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

So, if I I no longer want to log in using my Facebook credentials, I actually have to cancel my account and sign up again using Spotify credentials only? There's no way to switch? If I can't switch, it sounds like a good opportunity to try Rdio!

Monkeymojo-- Users that joined Spotify after we integrated with Facebook can only log in with their Facebook credentials. 

If you were to delete your account you couldn't sign up again using Spotify credentials. Your new account would still have the same log in details as your Facebook. 

Jchryss-- Which browser are you using? I recommend changing browsers to either Chrome or Firefox. I'd also log out of Facebook before logging into your subscription page and then try again.

What i dont understand is for me to even use this program I had to make a profile with a third party just to use this one. I think facebook is nothing but stalker territory and now im stuck with the facebook account if i want to use this one with it.  I feel forced into doing something I didnt want just to get another thing that I DID want but now im not so sure.  What kind of site forces you to make an account from another site just to use theirs. And if you dont want it you are forced to keep it just to use the other.  So im a bit upset over this.

I see. I'm not interested in maintaining a Facebook connection, so I may just cancel my account. Thanks for the prompt response.

Hi i just lost all my playlist wich i had stored on my phone and as well as om my computer is there anyway that they could be saved?

Hi Klaus_D

Not to worry, it sounds like you've just made a duplicate account with us.

Please just have a look at this other thread for steps on how to sign into your original account and get your playlists back. 

I've just signed up to Spotify - little realising by doing so I'd be forced into having a Facebook account.  And although I deactivated Farcebook, going back into Spotify just reactivates it.  As I'm certainly not going to have a Farcebook account by choice, guess I'll just have to cancel Spotify as well.  Shame!

This forum has been useful in getting an answer, though.

Alright, I've spent about enough time trying to find a solution to my Spotify & Facebook problem. I really want to deactivate my Facebook, which I did... But then I logged into my Spotify & I received an email saying that I activated my facebook. I'm really tired of Facebook, & I love Spotify. There has to be a way that these two can unlink. Somone needs to create the option or something because, my Fancy account was linked to my Facebook, & Fancy gave me the option to unlink my Facebook & Fancy account real easily. I'm sure Spotify creators can make this option fast. Is there any solution? I believe that it can be created.  

No, you can't unlink Spotify from Facebook. You will have to find another music service.

The employees are just being instructed by Sean Parker to make up some bull**bleep** how this facebook crap is good for you. The real reason Spotfiy requires Facebook is because Sean Parker has stock in both Facebook and Spotify, and wants Facebook to become the internet's media center. More money for Facebook and their advertisers that way!

Oh wow. That's something else then, that sucks. I always thought that Spotify was so amazing, & now I just think less. 😐

I dont believe this... who in the world of sane people decided this?

I want an answer from you, Spotify! Why did you do this? Who thought this was a good idea? Take a look here :

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/can_you_sign_up_for_spotify_without_facebook?utm_source=f...

So many of your premium members is moving over to services like grooveshark, rdio.com, back to last.fm, pandora, slacker, wimp etc... and YOU EVEN RECOMMEND TO MAKE A FAKE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TO JOIN WITH SPOTIFY BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW ITS A LAME IDEA.

Shame on you

hi i got this spotify account here which is connected to my facebook account... Now i would like to get a new account but i can't, because my facebook account is already linked to this one and in germany (where i live atm) they wont let me create a normal spotify account without facebook. so now im kind of helpless...

i mean it would be fine for me if this account would be deleted so i could create a new one but i have to find a solution!

link2spotify - are you not able to just switch your current account over to Germany? If not, we can free up your Facebook account to use on a new account, but this shouldn't really be necessary.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

There seem to be annoyed users in this thread, so check this out in the ideas section and give it a kudos point. If you feel like it, comment on it too.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Not-to-be-forced-into-just-Facebook/idi-p/219

The old Get Satisfaction site allowed users without accounts to give feedback which made the Facebook requirement the most popular thread there is. Everyone here needs an account so the facebook complaints aren't as common. I guess that's what the purpose of moving here is: silence those who don't like Facebook. They even decided to disable blog commenting from those with non-Facebook Spotify accounts.

We chose to move here to allow folks to use a forum optimized for mobile devices, sign in with Spotify details, and use an advanced search feature. 

Suggested posts