Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP ! Lost most of my starred songs !!

HELP ! Lost most of my starred songs !!

Hi, 

Before writing anything else, I have to say that Spotify is the answer to all my prayers. It feels like it was tailor made for me. Awesome job.

So, here's the glitch, I have realised that I have most of my starred songs (>75%) have been unstarred. 

What a horrible feeling, to have lost (i hope temporarily) so many awesome songs.

Can something be done ?

Has anyone had this problem ?

Thank you

T

29 Replies

Same thing happend to me... Most of my starred songs were unstarred last week.

Hey guys, sorry about that. I've dug through all the tubes and wires in Spotify and think I've got what you're after.

Tristan, are these the tracks you're looking for? tbdemontebello starred (they're from an earlier version of your starred tracks, but everything missing should be there)

Pyandonea, likewise for you: pyandonea starred

Let me know if you'd like those links removed after re-starring the lot (either select all > right click > star or just subscribe to the playlist and drag it over 'Starred').

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks

I starred them all.

Can you double check though ? I feel like I had double that amount of starred songs.

Tristan

Tristan, that playlist has 548 tracks in it, which is about the amount you had. A few Local Files were not included (but only a handful)
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi, Ive recently had a similar issue where the majority of my stared music disappeared. If you could help that would be great

Hi eat4food- I believe this is your complete starred list: eat4food starred

All you need to do is click on the playlist and press "Ctrl+A" or "Cmd+A" (depending on if you're on a Windows or a Mac). Then right click on the tracks, and click on "Star". They will all be back in your Starred folder again. 

Can you find mine aswell I am absolutely devastated that so many of my songs have disappeared

Hi Lotticaaa- Are these the tracks you're missing? lotticaaa starred

You are amazing! Thanks so much

Hi,

I have lost my starred songs. Can you send me a link so that I can restore them, please? I would be so thankful. I spent a lot of time starring those files. Thank you.

Hi,

I also lost most of my starred playlist (I used to have more than 2000 and I just have 390). Could you give them back for me please ?

Thanks 🙂

razun76 - Are these the tracks?

sonic21121 - Think I found them!

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thank you for this very fast answer !

I added a post 2 days ago but to another thread.

Can you help me please? I've spent years buldiing them up - I really don't want to have to bin it all! At the moment I have a subscription through Virgin Media but I have had premium for years on this account and also pcoventry username.

I would like my starred track back please! 🙂

THANK YOU!!

I've lost most of mine too! Could you find them please? 🙂

Hi channy24692 - Your issue is a bit different here. What's happened is you've made a new account via your Facebook. 

Please sign out and sign back in with your Spotify username (not your email). You'll see your playlists have all returned.

For more info see this post here

I have lost mine as well. I accidentally disconnected my account from Facebook, and now when I sign back in using my Facebook account; my starred tracks are all gone.

I have lost mine as well. 

Suggested posts