Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved Overseas but I want my former country suggestions

Moved Overseas but I want my former country suggestions

Hi.

I have moved overseas in the last few months, from Australia to Colombia. I have changed my payment from an Aus credit card to a Colombian credit card because It seemed an obvious and normal process. Spotify continued to work normally, with an extremely annoyance: Now I receive a lot of latin music suggestion on the home page, instead of my former heavy metal suggestions. At the same time, when I go to "browse" any genre, there are hips of latin suggestions. For example, where there was a formerly Friday playlist full of rock and roll, or some metal, now there is only reggaeton and similar "urban" music.

Also, the interesting feature "Spotify Video" shows subtitles all the time, and there is no way of getting rid of them.

It is there a way that I stop receiving these suggestions, getting rid of subtitles, and still maintain a local Colombian payment? ( after all, I will be living here for a couple of years). Something like a global account?

Have someone has a similar issue?

2 Replies

Hi @metalsernda!

Welcome to the Community! 

To reduce the number of Suggested Tracks you get, try adding more artists into your playlists. On the other hand, in this moment, it's not possible to disable on Video Series. 

Thanks for the comments. We'll make sure they're passed on to the relevant folks.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions for us.

Have a great day.

A.J Nelson

Hi A.J. Nelson.

I understand what you are referring to, many of the suggestions I get are really good. eg. clicking on discovery where everything is very personalised. Nevertheless, when opening Spotify apps the home page still show me stuff related to music I do not like (look at the pick), that are less personalised, and more generic stuff. 

Regards,

Andres

2017-02-05.png

Suggested posts