Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New e-mail in use, old contact dead, can't change it

New e-mail in use, old contact dead, can't change it

I've changed my ISP provider, and therefore have a new e-mail address.  I'm using the FB loging link, and FB has allowed me to update my e-mail contact.  However, Spotify will not allow me to log in.  And when I try to reset password, it obviously doesn't see the FB change like it should and sends my reset code to my now dead e-mail account.  How the **bleep** am I supposed to get my password changed?

By god Spotify, put in some darn challenge quesitons, or similar, so that this isn't an issue.  Changing a password should take minutes, like on google or FB, but here I've already wasted a darn hour trying to get a subscription, which I pay for, to do something as simple as change my password.  Meanwhile, I changed my FB password in about two minutes because I was able to change my e-mail address and have it go to the right account, apparently out of purview for Spotify.  

1 Reply

Hey @TomMiller,

Did you use facebook to create your account?

If so, follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select App Passwords
  4. Click Generate App Password
  5. Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  6. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts