Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

Solved!

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

I often get a message on my iPhone from spotify that I have offline playlists synced on more then 3 devices, and I have an option if I want to save my offline playlists on my telefone the message says that I just should quit and restarts spotify.
BUT NOW TO THE PROBLEM!!: I follow the message and quit spotify with hope that all my offlinemusic will still be there, BUT NO..!! And the other thing is that i DO NOT have synced playlists on 3 devices!!!! ONLY on my iphone!! When I restart spotify all music that I have synced are gone!!!?? WHY?! This is so annoying, and I am a paying coustomer so this makes me so angry!! Why pay if the program, by itself deletes my synced stuff...please help? What to do when even not the steps that I follow do not do as it says..?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

may be the problem I have is similar to this issue? I have a premuium account and I use Spotify on my PC, Laptop, and Blackberry. I am continuously having to resync my offline lists. I also get messages on the laptop and the PC saying offline mode has been withdrawn from this device. Why is that? What can be done about it?

many thanks

Speedymo

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi David,

Thank you for the response, I'll see if I can sort the cach issue myself before restting my account. Will get back  to you on this. Cheers 🙂

Marked as solution

David, Meredith, I continually get the same error too. Please could you reset all the devices I have linked to my account so I can start again and hopefully not get the message any more? Thanks

Marked as solution

Hello there,

I've got exactly the same problem : every now and then, my iphone app tells me i have playlists synced on more than 3 devices and delete all my offline content ! it usually happen just before taking the plane.  a big, big  fail for such a nice app.

I'd like to have the ability to remove all devices linked to my account from my settings on the website. could you please do it for me as you proposed ?

thank you in advance.

best,

Marked as solution

Redeagle99, Warlord 698, Robertderosny, Featherbeard:

I think the best steps for all of you would be to remove the devices linked to your account so you can start again. 

Please have a look in your inbox as I've just sent you all emails--thanks!

Marked as solution

ashaw953 & Das_goat - I've just sent emails to both of you as well

Marked as solution

Please reset my account as well. Man this is annyoing.

Marked as solution

What exactly is iTunes Match and what are the pros and cons when comparing it to Spotify.

I am ready to unsubscribe.

Also, we should consider doing some sort of action on Facebook or Twitter to inform users about this.

Marked as solution

Hi guys,

i got an email from Spotify;

Hi,
We're aware of an issue right now that might be causing your offline playlists to de-sync on your iPhone. Our apologies for this - we know how annoying it is to lose your favorite music.
The explanation behind this is a bit techy, but it's basically down to some Spotify files getting cleared out occasionally to free up disk space. Spotify then gets a bit confused as to how many devices you've got registered and de-syncs some your playlists.
Don't worry though - we're on the case and hope to have this fixed by the next release of the iOS app. This shouldn't take too long, we promise!

So hopefully the problem wil be fixed...

Marked as solution

Hey JeroenKoffie, welcome to the Community.

The list of devices isn't available for users at the moment, but I've gone ahead with the device reset for you. Let me know if that helps.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Marked as solution

Could you reset mine as well please? Annoying to resync every other day only to listen to music for half an hour on the move. Hope this gets fixed 🙂 Thanks..

Marked as solution

SergenHD - Done. Cat Tongue

magkliarn - which device in particular are you using?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

agallo4412 - there's only the two devices registered on your account. Are you definitely using the most recent version of the iPhone app?

Marked as solution

@AkaCraven wrote:

I have the same issue please reset my devices as well.

Thank you!

//Anders

Ok done, please make sure you're using the latest version of Spotify on all devices too.

Marked as solution

Hi mcurly - I've taken a look at your account and you've just got one iPhone registered.

I've gone ahead and cleared that for you anyway. Please reinstall those apps again and resync your playlists. 

Marked as solution

Hi,

I am also having similar problems, could you please wipe my Mac laptop from my list of devices. Many thanks

PS Everybody relax, Spotify is great and a total bargain, a little patience seems fair.

Marked as solution

Hi Meridith,

Yes please reset the three devices.

Marked as solution

@Johnny121 wrote:
Yes a complete reset will be fine Thank you

Great, done.

Marked as solution

Necronaut - Just tried something else (that was me who logged you out there). Can you try again? Sorry about the inconvenience of this.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

378 Replies

Hi there,

This sounds related to an issue we're aware of for the iPhone. Check out this thread from our older forums for more info: https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/iphone_offline_playlists_de_synced_3_device_limit

There are some things to try there to help sort things out, such as disabling syncing with the iCloud. 

We could also try removing all the devices linked to your account and letting you start over, just note that you will need to resync your playlists again. If that's something you'd like to try just let me know. 

Marked as solution

Hi,

may be the problem I have is similar to this issue? I have a premuium account and I use Spotify on my PC, Laptop, and Blackberry. I am continuously having to resync my offline lists. I also get messages on the laptop and the PC saying offline mode has been withdrawn from this device. Why is that? What can be done about it?

many thanks

Speedymo

Speedymo - Just taken a look into your account. The three devices connected to your account appear to be a Linux machine, and two Blackberry's.

Well, I say two - It appears that two caches have been created on the same Blackberry. What might have happened here is that there has a cache been created on both your SD card and your internal memory.

What we could do is reset your devices, allowing you to start with a clean slate in connecting devices. Hopefully this message won't pop up again after doing this.
Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

Hi David,

Thank you for the response, I'll see if I can sort the cach issue myself before restting my account. Will get back  to you on this. Cheers 🙂

Marked as solution

David, Meredith, I continually get the same error too. Please could you reset all the devices I have linked to my account so I can start again and hopefully not get the message any more? Thanks

Hello hello,

I'm having the same problem, but would just looove to be able to use spotify instead of the standard iPhone music app... I have offline playlists on my laptop and my phone -- would iCloud make 3 then? or more? Or is it just that they are straight-up incompatible? If I should be fine with laptop+iphone+icloud as three then I'd like an account reset as well, otherwise I suppose I'll just not use offline playlists on my laptop and hope for the best....Kind of inconvenient, but I do love my Spotify! And I trust you guys are debugging this issue as we post 🙂

Hi Katiewwillison and Russelbradford

Could you both take a look in your inbox as I've just sent some emails about resetting your devices. 

Where can you find out what devices consist of the 3? I suspect my old iphone, which I no longer have is counting as 1. 

yea, it would be nice to be able to manage the devices connected to the account, kind of like with Netflix.  I know I need to have my old Palm (WebOS) phone removed but can't find where to do it

Marked as solution

Hello there,

I've got exactly the same problem : every now and then, my iphone app tells me i have playlists synced on more than 3 devices and delete all my offline content ! it usually happen just before taking the plane.  a big, big  fail for such a nice app.

I'd like to have the ability to remove all devices linked to my account from my settings on the website. could you please do it for me as you proposed ?

thank you in advance.

best,

can my account be reset so i could have a clean slate to set new devices

I'm having the same problem here, completely out of the blue. I was listening to Spotify on my Android phone on the way home from work, working perfectly. I close it, and a few hours later re-open it only to have the 'synched on more then 3 devices". Absolutely nothing has changed, what's the deal?
Marked as solution

Redeagle99, Warlord 698, Robertderosny, Featherbeard:

I think the best steps for all of you would be to remove the devices linked to your account so you can start again. 

Please have a look in your inbox as I've just sent you all emails--thanks!

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same problems, there should only be a dell laptop, iTouch and a blackberry.

Is there a way on the website to see which devices are included? And I am not sure how I would remove the devices linked to my account.

Thanks

Hi Charmjem, 

At the moment there isn't a way to check online which devices are linked to your account. However if you contact our support team they can provide this information for you. 

There's an email on its way to you so please have a look in your inbox. As soon as we confirm a few details we can remove the devices from your account so you can start again. 

Whenever I travel with my iPhone and connect to Spotify via wireless networks (e.g. in a hotel or office), Spotify tells me that I have too many devices with offline playlists.  However, I only use the offline playlist feature on my iPhone.

Could it be that Spotify is using the IP address to identify "devices"?  If so, this would give an erroneous count of devices, since the IP address is associated with the wireless router, not with my iPhone.  Thus, every time I use my phone with a new wireless network (e.g. when I stay at a hotel, or visit a coffee shop with free wireless) it counts as a new device, even though it really is just one physical device.  As a result, Spotify is continually wiping the offline playlists on my phone, which is quite annoying.

In any case, if my theory is correct, it would be very nice if Spotify could find a better way to identify devices.  

I'd be interested in hearing from Spotify as to whether my theory is correct.

Thanks!!!

Andy

Yes I have the same problem here, its quite annoying.. Since i dont have a wlan at home and dont have time to resync my device all the time.. So fix it

Marked as solution

ashaw953 & Das_goat - I've just sent emails to both of you as well
Marked as solution

Please reset my account as well. Man this is annyoing.

Suggested posts