Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pay with PayPal without Creditcard 2

Pay with PayPal without Creditcard 2

After reading a post that this is an issue that should be fixed, i still can't seem to get a subscription to Premium. I've been member since a couple years as a premium user, but had to cancel my creditcard for personal reasons. Now i thought hey, i can still set up my premium sub with paypal, even charged €25 to my Paypal account even though it's already linked to my bank account, but both options don't seem to work for me... can someone please help me on this? I practically live on Spotify so i'm starting to go a little crazy without my tunes!

5 Replies

Hi. I'm afraid paypal only works if it is funded by credit card as outlined in this FAQ.

Same problem here. Tried to get my brother an Unlimited account using PayPal but I keep getting the message that I need to add a Credit Card. I really don't understand this: his bank account has been linked to PayPal and yesterday I verified it. The most strange thing is that it works fine with my own account for over half a year already. Indeed, I received a message from Paypal that 4,99 has been payed to Spotify using my bank account just a couple of minutes ago! Please Spotify, fix the problem!

@Disser24 wrote:

Same problem here. Tried to get my brother an Unlimited account using PayPal but I keep getting the message that I need to add a Credit Card. I really don't understand this: his bank account has been linked to PayPal and yesterday I verified it. The most strange thing is that it works fine with my own account for over half a year already. Indeed, I received a message from Paypal that 4,99 has been payed to Spotify using my bank account just a couple of minutes ago! Please Spotify, fix the problem!

It appears the credit card requirement on PayPal varies slightly between accounts, are both you and your brothers accounts registered in the same country? 

Take it as you being incredibly lucky, a credit/debit card tied to your PayPal has always been a requirement for Spotify. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

@Disser24 wrote:

It appears the credit card requirement on PayPal varies slightly between accounts, are both you and your brothers accounts registered in the same country? 

Take it as you being incredibly lucky, a credit/debit card tied to your PayPal has always been a requirement for Spotify. 

Peter

Both our accounts are bank accounts at the same bank in the Netherlands. It still doesn't make any sense to me that Spotify doesn't apply the same policy to every user...

It's simply not possible to use Premium without a Credit Card.

It would be fair to make that clear before you open a Paypal account and send money over there.

If you subscribe there's no indication that a Credit Card is needed.

Bye Spotify!

Suggested posts