Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile picture changes by itself

Solved!

Profile picture changes by itself

Hi!

My Spotify isn´t connected to Facebook. But I changed my profile picture in FB the other day and now its been changed on Spotify too.

It´s kind of creepy to see that Spotify changes my profile picture to the same one as on FB when the two are not connected. Seems like they´re doing it without my permission then?

If not, then why is this happening?

Thanks

/ M

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can change your Spotify profile picture whenever you want. You need to download the computer version of spotify.

1. Hover the cursor over your existing profile picture and click Change.
  2. Select the picture you want to use (must be .jpeg, with a maximum file size of 4 MB).

Note: Make sure your picture doesn’t violate any copyright, trademark, or personal image rights. For more information, check out our playlist image guidelines

To remove the picture

1. Hover your cursor over your existing profile picture and click Change.
  2. Click Remove

NOT SEEING THE OPTION TO REMOVE?

If you connected your Spotify account to Facebook, your default profile picture will be your Facebook profile picture. You can either follow the steps above to change your profile picture, or disconnect from Facebook to remove it entirely:

1. in the top-right corner of the desktop app, click   > Settings
  2. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK

The changes will reflect on your account soon.

Note: If you created your account with Facebook, it’s not possible to remove your Facebook picture. For more information, check out I want to use Spotify without Facebook.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If your account was created using Facebook, maybe that's the reason.

Hi! Sorry or the late reply.

No, under settings it shows "connect to facebook", so I should not be connected yet. And there is no "delete" option when hovering over the profile pic - as if I was connected to fb. Which I´m not.

And a minute ago I logged in to fb to check if i was logged in via fb on Spotify, it said I was so I clicked "remove" and restarted Spotify - still no "remove" option when hovering over the picture?

Marked as solution

You can change your Spotify profile picture whenever you want. You need to download the computer version of spotify.

1. Hover the cursor over your existing profile picture and click Change.
  2. Select the picture you want to use (must be .jpeg, with a maximum file size of 4 MB).

Note: Make sure your picture doesn’t violate any copyright, trademark, or personal image rights. For more information, check out our playlist image guidelines

To remove the picture

1. Hover your cursor over your existing profile picture and click Change.
  2. Click Remove

NOT SEEING THE OPTION TO REMOVE?

If you connected your Spotify account to Facebook, your default profile picture will be your Facebook profile picture. You can either follow the steps above to change your profile picture, or disconnect from Facebook to remove it entirely:

1. in the top-right corner of the desktop app, click   > Settings
  2. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK

The changes will reflect on your account soon.

Note: If you created your account with Facebook, it’s not possible to remove your Facebook picture. For more information, check out I want to use Spotify without Facebook.

Suggested posts