Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile picture not shown :(

Solved!

Profile picture not shown :(

My Spotify account is connected to my Facebook profile But I can't see a profile picture when I open my public profile.

Anyone can help me please? Thank you very much! The name of my profile is buraninyerlisi

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@maryjanewatson wrote:

First of all thank you so much but it doesn't work. i still can't see my picture. 😞

Hello, @maryjanewatson. I'm happy to let you know that it displays correctly for me now. It's more likely down to a system delay related to the cache as @Adam  mentioned above so I'd give it some time and it should all fix by itself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi,

Well, I had the same problem. And it was funny because I could see my profile pic and facebook name on my desctop, my iPhone, and my android tablet, but not on my laptop! So, after reading this and finding out that the problem is kinda related to the Spotify cache, I quit Spotify player, then went to "C:\Users\Mohsen\AppData\Local\Spotify" (or wherever you set the Spotify to chace), and deleted everything. I opened the player and BOOM! My profile picture! My name! YAY!

I see no problem in playback and basically anything yet. If it may cause any problem, I ask @Adam and other admins to let me know. It's much easier and faster than a clean reinstal.

Regards,

Mo

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hmm, that's strange. It's normally down to a system delay related to the cache but I'm not seeing your profile pic when searching through Spotify either, although it is showing on our system as it should.

I've tried removing your Facebook profile temporarily - could you try reconnecting it as soon as you get a chance? It might then take a while to update but let us know when you've done it and we can check.

Also, I was going to point out your trial doesn't seem to be working properly either, but it looks like you have a support case open to get both things figured out. Let us know if that doesn't work out!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

First of all thank you so much but it doesn't work. i still can't see my picture. 😞

spp.JPG
Marked as solution

@maryjanewatson wrote:

Hello, @maryjanewatson. I'm happy to let you know that it displays correctly for me now. It's more likely down to a system delay related to the cache as @Adam  mentioned above so I'd give it some time and it should all fix by itself!

Hello,

I cant see mt profile picture from facebook on Spotify desktop player.

When I go to the website it is there but not on the player...

Can you help please?

Thx

Just give it time. Everyone else can see it which I'd guess is the important thing. The desktop client will update to show it too in time.

Thanks I guess I have to wait.

Well, you don't have to. You could uninstall Spotify then delete the caches and settings folders then reinstall and you would probably get what you want but it just seems a lot of work to be able to see your own picture. I fugured that waiting was a whole lot easier 🙂

Im having the same problem....could you please help me?

Ive created 2 spotify acounts by mistake and i want to delete them. Could you please help me with this???

I have:

tiagojpinto (real account) - connected to facebook but picture is not showing....could you help???

11137440009 and 11134839266 - those 2 i want to delete..

@tiagojpinto - If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can remove the extra accounts for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Adam

I see you seem to be happy to answer a profile question when it is related to Facebook, but it appears that you and all your Spotify Support colleagues are totally ignoring what is going on over here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Picture-on-Profile/idc-p/855627#M53738 .

Can I ask why?

Thanks

Peter

In my actual spotify browser, I have no profile photo and I dont have a name. The people I follow does not know that it's me unless I tell them or they recognize the name of my playlist. I logged in via Facebookspot.png

@bentototot - Can confirm that account doesn't appear to be linked to Facebook correctly for some reason. If you could open a case with support directly using the online contact form they can check it out on their systems for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hi,

Well, I had the same problem. And it was funny because I could see my profile pic and facebook name on my desctop, my iPhone, and my android tablet, but not on my laptop! So, after reading this and finding out that the problem is kinda related to the Spotify cache, I quit Spotify player, then went to "C:\Users\Mohsen\AppData\Local\Spotify" (or wherever you set the Spotify to chace), and deleted everything. I opened the player and BOOM! My profile picture! My name! YAY!

I see no problem in playback and basically anything yet. If it may cause any problem, I ask @Adam and other admins to let me know. It's much easier and faster than a clean reinstal.

Regards,

Mo

Suggested posts