Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song not Available....on some devices

Song not Available....on some devices

I have been having an issue for multiple weeks now, where I have error codes that say this: "Song not available.  If you have the file on your computer you can import it".

Here is the issue though, this only seems to be happening on my Macbook Pro.  I can access the SAME song on my phone, tablet, other computers, etc.  This means that something must be wrong with my install or version of Spotify, but after multiple trys of reinstalling and/or logging out, NOTHING.  I pay for Premium and use Spotify heavily in classes I teach, so a lot of people depend on this to work for them too.  So... what should I do?  Spotify version 1.0.47.13......

(By this way of customer service on the web without a phone call or live chat is TERRIBLE!)

1 Reply

Hey @joshstrumpet,

When reinstalling, be sure to clear the spotify cache by opening Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible). Then, open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder. Go back and open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.

If you still need help, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts