Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Kids isn't available in the country or region associated with your account.

Spotify Kids isn't available in the country or region associated with your account.

Plan: Premium

Device: iPad mini 2

Operating System iOS 12.5.1

I want to use Spotify Kids on one of my iPads which my kids use, and bought Spotify Premium so that I could do so.  Having gone through layers of Spotify and AppleID registration and password pain, Spotify Kids replies:
""Spotify Kids isn't available in the country or region associated with your account"

I can play Spotify normal in Singapore, and it even has Sinagaporean adverts, to join the police force and whatnot.  It's a country that thrives on censorship, I find it hard to believe it wouldn't support a censored kids app?  What's up?  

I've changed the region on my Spotify account and my App Store account, to reflect that I live in Singapore.

Where does Spotify Kids show the regions it is accessible from? 
If it really does not support Singapore, when will it do so?

And if it doesn't, can I have a refund of my subscription, which I paid specifically so that I can use Spotify Kids?

And how do I talk to a customer service agent?

Thank you for your help! (I am pulling my hair out after 2 hours trying to get this to work)

Also, can you please fire the person who developed the "I am not a bot" software?  I have spent 5x more dealing with these ridiculous pictures because it cannot recognise what it asks for, than trying to navigate the horrendous registration snafu.  Please point me to a human being on *your* side, rather than continuing to misverify me, and neglect to even recall I have verified to this evil machine over 15x in one sitting.

10 Replies

Hi there @Xuyuan_71,

thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community !

Spotify For Kids was officially launched in a few countries around the world which at this moment Singapore isn't one of them.

Spotify performs changes and seeks to improve and expend its services to everyone.

Therefore Spotify For Kids is currently enrolled to a limited amount of countries however will spread widely as times goes by.

For further general info on the Spotify For Kids service, feel free checking out this page.

Furthermore, you can check out the Spotify Newsroom here and get updated on any changes or new countries the service is being spread to.

Last but not least, I'd also like to refer you to this article, stating the future availability of the plan to all Premium Subscribers.

Here you'll be able to find the refunds page in case needed.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Well OneByBoo, I think Spotify isn't putting any effort into releasing this kid's app anymore. The releases stopped by June 2020, so two years ago now.
"however will spread widely as times goes by"

Update May 12, 2020: Spotify Kids has also rolled out in Germany and Japan.

Update March 17, 2020: Spotify Kids has also rolled out in Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico.

Update February 11, 2020: Spotify Kids has also rolled out in the UK and Australia

Update November 27, 2019: Spotify Kids has also rolled out in Denmark, Sweden, and New Zealand.

Its mid 2022 I have the family plan but spotify kids still is not avaialble in my country.. (Israel) 

How can I use a kids account ?? 

This is indeed disappointing. I'm just setting up new devices we decided to get our kids and got really excited about Spotify Kids (they're too young to officially use Spotify) and got through a similar labyrinth of getting the app on my own device, logging in, resetting password, just to get the known message. Waste of time

I waited quite some time to have Spotify Premium Family available in Jamaica to still be restricted from using Spotify Kids which is nonsensical. Spotify please add more regions! 

Waiting on Spotify kids since the introduction in 2019 for it to become available in The Netherlands.

Waiting for it to be available in Spain as well... this sucks

Waiting for Spotify kids to be available in Israel? is there an ETA on that?

I don't understand why Spotify thinks it can restrict the age of users AND not make the kids app available everywhere. Sure, I appreciate you preventing underage kids from signing up for an account and listening to obscene music but come on. Why do you have to restrict the actual kids app to specific regions? Is it because I live in a third world country and the actual "premium" price I pay is a fraction of what a user in the west pays because of currency conversion? Things like these makes me want to think twice in paying for these "premium" services and encounter stupid issues like this. You make it IMPOSSIBLE for people who actually pay for services to enjoy music legally.

I guess I have no choice but to just torrent and pirate kids music to put them on my kids phone.

I am disappointed that Spotify Kids is still unavailable in so many countries. My country Costa Rica is still on the "blacklist" of unsupported countries.

Since Spotify was made available here, I'm a premium subscriber because I was delighted that you brought the app to the regular store and supported and everything was smooth.

But you created Spotify Kids in 2019, now 2024, which is not yet available.

I cannot understand why we already have YouTube Kids and other platforms that offer a safe way for kids to use the app.

My kid has been using my account on his device for about four years and is about to turn 13 in a few months. All this waiting for this app will be in vain.

I'm not sure what happened; I think this should be supported in all the countries you have already supported Spotify. You stopped adding more countries for Spotify Kids years ago, so it looks like a dead end.

Or is it any news I am not aware of yet?

Suggested posts