Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not play my playlist on or offline on ipod 4.1

Spotify will not play my playlist on or offline on ipod 4.1

Hi guys,

So I am just about ready to quit my 1.5 year relationship with Spotify. This is my last attempt to rectify the issue before never using the program again. I would really appriciate any help. The issue is:

I have spotify installed on my mac at home. I have Spotify Premium. I have my account linked to an iphone 5, an iphone 4s and an ipod 4.1. The ipod 4.1 I use at work to play music and is my reason for having Spotify. I have offline playlists on the ipod 4.1 and the iphone 5. As of last week, the ipod refuses to play any music offline. It just won't do it. If I put it in online mode it will play perhaps 30-60 seconds of any song before it stops. It shows that the playlist is unavailable in offline mode, but it will not allow me to download the tracks so that they are available either. I haven't changed any settings or done anything out of the ordinary. Spotify just stopped working as it used to.

Nobody else is using this account simultaneously, just me. I have logged out and in of all devices about 10 times. I have deleted and reinstalled the whole program almost as many times. I have sat in front of a screen for hours on end and nothing works. This isn't the first time this has happened unfortunately. This is now the 4th or 5th time this year. The issue seems to resolve itself after 2 weeks to 2 months. Please help, this really sucks!

4 Replies

How much free storage space is there left on the device?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for asking. I've been down that avenue. I have 12.6GB free space.

Weird! What version of iOS is it running?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

iOs 6.1.6. As far as I can tell everything is up to date.

Suggested posts