Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred playlist gone from desktop app

Solved!

Starred playlist gone from desktop app

My starred playlist disappeared from my PC app, but I still have it on my phone 😕 what has happened?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!
The Starred playlist is now named Songs and it is in the Your Music section on the left bar:

(left click for full size)

starred.PNG

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I've been having this problem but just found a solution that works!!

I know that "Songs" should theoretically contain all of your old starred tracks, but it's buggy as hell and if (like me) you have over 100 songs or so saved you lose almost all of them. I had 445 songs and spotify only moved a meagre 30 or so over to that list. I was gutted.

It's worth noting I didn't have tracks that weren't date stamped in my list. They were all just lost in the transfer.

But, if you go to the Radio section of spotify on the desktop app you will find a station for your "Starred" tracks! If you click on the station name, it will take you back to your old playlist! (screenshots attached).

All you have to do now is in your sidebar create a new playlist (titled Starred or similar). Select all of the songs from your old playlist and added them to your new Starred playlist you just created. This will avoid them getting lost again, and now you can keep adding tracks to your starred list without a fuss. 🙂 Try it!star step 1.pngstar step 2.pngstar step 3.pngstar step 4.png

Marked as solution

Guys, I actrally found the real solution to this by accident.

Open the web client and check your playlist section. You should still see your stared playlist. It is prob a bug but you can add them to your library by hitting the import button or you may add them to another playlist by selecting them all and adding to a new or exsisting playlist.

Your welcome XD

Marked as solution

OH and the web address to your starred play list will be:

https://play.spotify.com/user/%username%/starred

where %username% is your spotify username.

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!
The Starred playlist is now named Songs and it is in the Your Music section on the left bar:

(left click for full size)

starred.PNG

Have a great day!

Well thats a bit unpleasant, since all of my starred songs have disappeared. Will try to manualy copy them from the phone though. Thanks for now!

Hello!
All the songs from an old Starred playlist should be in the new Songs playlist, do you see them? If not, I can have a look for a fix, but I am not sure if it can be fixed.
Have a great day!

Hello, my starred tracks have disappeared and are not under songs! My starred tracks contained more than 1000 songs, my 'songs' contains 4! Spotify Belgium wasn't able to help me either, they created a new account for me that didn't solve the problem at all. I use spotify A LOT, so I hope you can help me. What a strange bug! Here's a screenshot http://cl.ly/image/292H3Z0c1N43

@heleneshaikh1,

It seams like this is a little bug (happens to me aswell)

follow this picture: Click right there where the arrow points at

Spotify_Songs.PNG

Marked as solution

I've been having this problem but just found a solution that works!!

I know that "Songs" should theoretically contain all of your old starred tracks, but it's buggy as hell and if (like me) you have over 100 songs or so saved you lose almost all of them. I had 445 songs and spotify only moved a meagre 30 or so over to that list. I was gutted.

It's worth noting I didn't have tracks that weren't date stamped in my list. They were all just lost in the transfer.

But, if you go to the Radio section of spotify on the desktop app you will find a station for your "Starred" tracks! If you click on the station name, it will take you back to your old playlist! (screenshots attached).

All you have to do now is in your sidebar create a new playlist (titled Starred or similar). Select all of the songs from your old playlist and added them to your new Starred playlist you just created. This will avoid them getting lost again, and now you can keep adding tracks to your starred list without a fuss. 🙂 Try it!star step 1.pngstar step 2.pngstar step 3.pngstar step 4.png

@K-S- your solution is awesome, but I think it works only if you have ever used your Starred playlist as a Radio station because I can't see it there. But good job!

Yes same here...

Great Idea @K-S- but does only work if you ever had your Starred Playlist used as a Radio

Stay Awesome!

Q

This is not solved as Songs has nothing to do with my starred lists.  I pay for a service which I am not getting.

Marked as solution

Guys, I actrally found the real solution to this by accident.

Open the web client and check your playlist section. You should still see your stared playlist. It is prob a bug but you can add them to your library by hitting the import button or you may add them to another playlist by selecting them all and adding to a new or exsisting playlist.

Your welcome XD

Marked as solution

OH and the web address to your starred play list will be:

https://play.spotify.com/user/%username%/starred

where %username% is your spotify username.

hello!

web client? how is that? Where do I find it? 😞

Suggested posts