Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount

Solved!

Student Discount

Hello,

I have a question about my account, I'm currently a premium user and a student. How do I qualify for the new student discount. How do I apply for it and what documents do I have to submit for proof? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

This page walks you through the steps 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Are you in the UK or USA?

I am in the US

Marked as solution

Hello!

This page walks you through the steps 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Thank you very much! 🙂 That solved it!

i keep getting the unable to validate information page when i already gottrn approved from there email

@clistecki If you get in touch here, the account guys will be able to help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

I am also having the same issue, except I have already updated my account proving that I am a student in the US. I go to arizona state university, but i'm still paying 9.99!!!! WHAT THE HELL GUYS?!?!?! How many times do i have to email spotify to only recieve some bull**bleep** automated email? I don't want to pay 9.99, I want to pay 4.99. If you guys cannot help me, I will take legal action for false advertisment. 

@raffi526 - What does it say on your online overview exactly?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

If you got an automated email, just reply directly to it (even if it is from no reply) and an adviser will get back to you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This: Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-05-14 and charged $9.99 + $0.00 Sales tax every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

Weird! The support team will need to look into this for you.

Peter

Same here. Incredibly frustrating

yeah and they tell us to come here

@user-removed wrote:

yeah and they tell us to come here

Did you get an automated response telling you to come to the forums? If so, reply to that message and support staff will be in touch.

I am having the same issue. I was validated using my Student ID and for the past 2 months I have been getting charged the full amount. Premium $9.99 but no mention of student discunt even though I signed up the method described in the HELP.

@DCBenson 

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Nothing they tell you will fix the student discount. It simply does not work and is completely false advertisement. 

Is it UK or US student discount you are having issues with? As far as I know the entire US student discount is actually provided by another company (sheerID).

Peter

Hey guys,

I had the same issue some others above had, and all I needed to do to fix it was to unsubscribe, then to resubscribe through the student discount link. It now correctly says that I will be charged 4.99 on my next billing. It's a bit late but I hope it solves it for you guys too!

Yeah, I can confirm that unsubscribing and then resubscribing is the solution.

Suggested posts