Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The username you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account.

The username you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account.

Hi Folks,

Maybe you can please help me. I have tried looking in forums etc.. I will try to be succinct in my problem description. I have had an account using a username 'maowcakes' not attached to Facebook. It had been a while since logging in. I couldn't login or remember my password so I thought hmmm.. may I was logging in through Facebook? So I tried that and it installed the Spotify App and connected to my Facebook, which is not what I wanted. When I log into that account I do not have any of my previous playlists. 

So I logged out of everything. Tried the 'Forgot your password' link and entered my username to get this error "The username you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account." I then tried to reset my password with my email address, but unfortunately my email address for the Facebook linked account is the same as the email address for my username account and Spotify asks me to change my password using Facebook. This will not help me find the password to my old username account assuming it still exists... 

Thanks!
11 Replies

HI, and welcome to the community!

I can't seem to find that user on Spotify, so it's probably merged with your facebook account.

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can separate them again so the username will work.
If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Even if you merged it, the username should still exist. Are you 100% sure that is the correct username?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks to both of you! I have replied to the No Reply account and am waiting to hear back. My username is correct, as it's the same as several I have used throughout the years.

I was also logged out of my spotify account on my cell phone, which was previously set to always keep me signed in.

Cheers

Hey @maowcakes

Have you the 8 digit case number for the reply? We'll get things looked at backstage. We're sure we'll find out what's going on.

Thanks in advance.

Here you are: Spotify Case # 01868676

Thanks Jason

Thanks! We'll help out, please check your inbox soon.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Hi there,

My old playlists are still missing from my current Facebook linked account. Wondering if there has been any headway.

Thanks

@maowcakes - Did support tell you via email they would move them over?

Peter

Yes. They presented that as a potential fix and I sent an email back saying that would work for me. Spotify Case # 01868676

Hang in there, asking about this for you now.

Peter

Looks like this should now have been done for you? 🙂

Peter

Suggested posts