Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to fully disconnect from Facebook

Unable to fully disconnect from Facebook

Hello,

I have a spotify premium account but I didn't want my account to be connected with Facebook. But when I logged in with my spotify account on my fathers iPad, it automatically connected my spotify account with my fathers facebook account. No problem so far because then i went to spotify -> preferences -> disconnect to facebook. So I was disconnect from facebook from then. But then my problem popped up. Normally it should change back into my account name; tidadati. But it didn't. It still has my fathers name even while I disconnected with that account. I tried about anything, even to log in with my own facebook account but it shows my profile picture but still my fathers name.

Anyone can help me out ?

Thanks

8 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify should be able to make sure it's completely disconnected for you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi tidadati! 

It should be disconnected now. Try logging out and back in.

I have the same problem at work. I shared a playlist with the employers spotify account to my facebook using an ipad. Now it wont disconnect. My name pops up on my employers account. It says "log out MY NAME" at the bottom, not ""log out EMPLOYERS ACCOUNT".
What to do?

@babyduck9 - your Spotify account currently isn't connected to any Facebook account so I'm guessing you figured out how to disconnect it. It takes a little while for the changes to be visible publicly but before long you'll see "babyduck9" as your profile name again, not any Facebook name.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Can you help me to please?

Follow the steps here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hi both me and my mum have spotify , however my spotify is linked to her facebook so her spotify doesnt come up anymore when she logs in through facebook, mines comes up instead, can u take her facebook of my spotify pleasee??

@spothedot - Log in as yourself and then go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook (in the desktop Spotify).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts