Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrade to premium in foreign countr

Upgrade to premium in foreign countr

Hi,

I'm a dutch student who studies in Prague for half a year. I don't have a creditcard or paypal account (and don't want to).

The problem is that my spotify account was premium, but just expired. The last time I upgraded, I did it via the App Store on my iphone. The problem is that I can't log into my spotify, because you can only have spotify for 14 days outside of your country when you don't have premium (I've been here for a month now). And when I try to upgrade by premium code bought in a store, I can't because you cannot refuse your 1 month free period, and you need a paypal account or creditcard.

How can I upgrade?

Sincerely,

Ties

2 Replies

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Spotify is available in the Czech Republic, so you should be able to swap your country on your online profile over to there which will then allow you to redeem a gift card:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

If you already have a code and the country is set correctly, you should be able to redeem the code without the free trial by going to spotify.com/redeem. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts