Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username became a bunch of numbers!

Username became a bunch of numbers!

I signed up to Spotify with my Facebook account, and in the webpage I have no trouble logging in, but when I downloaded the app for Mac and tried to sign in via Fb, I got a message saying "Spotify desktop client communication failed." I tried to log in typing my email adress and password, and had no trouble doing that, but now my username is a bunch of random numbers, and my picture doesn't show. What can I do to fix this?!

3 Replies

Hey there! You actually still have to login through facebook. Can you post your Spotify Version and computer specs here?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

That's the problem, I can't log in through Facebook in the app. It's a macbook pro, running with OS X Mavericks 10.9.4

My spotify version is 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c

Username: 12151972421

It looks like the Facebook connection with your account has been broken for some reason. I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get you back up and running again. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts