Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I remove the Facebook connection from my account?

Why can't I remove the Facebook connection from my account?

I just want an answer to this question.  I created my Spotify account using Facebook, back when you couldn't have a Spotify account without Facebook, or whatever.  Now things are a little different.  Since I created my Spotify account with my Facebook account, I cannot disconnect the two services without creating a whole new account and waiting an eternity for some underpaid random to move all my stuff over to the new account.  Oh, and I have to cancel my premium membership in order to use it with the new account.

My question is WHY?  Why hasn't Spotify fixed this?  This is stupid and asinine.  It shouldn't be this difficult or time consuming to do something so simple - disconnect the two accounts.  If GoodReads can do it, why can't Spotify?  It makes absolutely NO SENSE to me at all!

It's too time consuming to do it their way, and it makes no sense and frankly, I don't want to change the billing date on my subscription anyway, which is what I'd be doing if I had this taken care of today.  I would really like to know why Spotify still has this idiotic policy.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed,

Unfortunately, that's just how it is at the moment. I've passed your feedback about this onto Spotify though. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts