Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Your email address was unavailablel' = can't get a password set

Solved!

'Your email address was unavailablel' = can't get a password set

Hi --

I can't seem to get the 'Send Email to Set Password' link to work for my account -- instead, it tells me that it can't find my email, and to contact the help desk. Anyone know how to fix this? I really want to listen to spotify on my Roku.

A

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 8.11.00 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@berzerius 

Try this:

http://mikedixson.com/2014/11/solved-spotify-desktop-client-communication-failed/

Most people with that error message in the browser are able to solve it by followng the steps.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

37 Replies

I´ve successfully escalated your issue and an agent should get in contact with you soon. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Same issue here. 

I just want to log into my desktop player.  I've always used my facebook for login. But that stopped working a few days ago:screenshot.79.jpg

I looked around in this forum and decided to get a username/password to log in directly without the need for facebook.

But this happened when I tried for a password.

screenshot.80.jpgscreenshot.78.jpg

Logout-login has no effect

@aesutz 

Have you first tried logging into the Roku app with your Facebook email and password? Does that work?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

@berzerius 

Try this:

http://mikedixson.com/2014/11/solved-spotify-desktop-client-communication-failed/

Most people with that error message in the browser are able to solve it by followng the steps.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @aesutz & @berzerius

Could you give this another try today and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Still not working, sorry!

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 10.13.12 AM.png

My TiVo got a firmware upgrade yesterday, and in the process required me to resubmit my login details for my Spotify account.  I cannot remember my "Device Password" but when I click on the "SEND EMAIL TO SET DEVICE PASSWORD," after a long pause I get an error stating:  

We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again.  If the problem continues, please contact support."

I've tried this to no avail.

I've then changed my email address (via facebook login) hoping this would solve some unresolved issue with my email address.  Despite the email address being changed on Facebook, my previous email address still displays on my Spotify account info page.

I've tried signing out of all devices/everywhere.

I can successfully log back in to the spotify (premium) service, and use the web player as well as the app on my phone.  I cannot, however set a device password for use with my TiVo.

Ideas?

(Attached is screenshot of error message with username obscured)

Capture.JPG

I keep getting the same message as well.  I, too, don't want to use Facebook to log into my account as I've deactivated my FB profile.  Someone from Spotify needs to resolve this issue soon as we're paying for a service we cannot use.  Thanks!

I am also getting this message. I am trying to set a password so that I can log on with my PS4 and it is telling me it cannot connect to my email. I wanted to upgrade to premium but I won't do it if I cannot log on with all my devices. 

Seems there are several of us getting this message. 😞

I did the app passwords and it worked screenshot.81.jpg

Successfully logged in using the app password and facebook username

@pete facebook login button is still broken. @mattsuda 's solution using custom password login works though

Hi,

I cannot create from my profile:

Set device password

it always complain with message:

We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support.

I have premium account.

MM

I'm with the same problem, could somebody help? Already contacted the support but still waiting

I am so frustrated! I am having the same issue. All I am trying to do is change the email address on my account. I do not want to use my Verizon email address anymore. I am trying to change it to my gmail account. Why is it telling me that my current gmail address is already used?

PLEASE HELP ME!!! Do I need to delete my entire account?

Thank you for your reports.

We're currently investigating this on our end and will update you shortly.

Hi im trying... in vain to set up spotify on my WDTV Live...  

It would only let me use a username and password..

I Signed bu using FB

So I Went to set device password..

It gave me username:1247824304

But it wont send password  I Get error "

We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support."

Even though this is my only spotify account...  So I tried to change my email address..   

It then told me to go to FB to change my email..    Which I did..

Now my new email address doesnt come over to spotify..

This is rediculous..  all I want to do is log into spotify on my device..   Seriously..

Any help would be areciated.

Unable to set a password to connect my device... I'm a premium user and when I'm going to account setting then click on set password for devices, it tell me my email is unable... don't understand... Thank you to help me ASAP

2015-04-17 21-50-52.jpg

I am in the same boat as well. I will probably send them an email to see what happens, but I have subscribed to this as well to get answers and information.

Hope this didn't get your hopes up to high for an actual working reply,

Thanks,

Brandon

Suggested posts