Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A malfunction after update Samsung galaxy s2

A malfunction after update Samsung galaxy s2

Hey folks, I've been having this problem with my phone app after I updated Android on my phone.

Well, the failure is like this: I open the app, what used to be playlists and stuff like that, is entirely white. All I get to do in the app anymore is look at the title, "Spotify" and press the three stripes left for it, taking me to another white screen.

I pay for spotify premium mainly because I like to have all the music on this planet(almost) on my phone. And that's not happening anymore...

I've tried to reinstall the app, but that doesen't seem to work...

31 Replies

@Logen-Felxon wrote:

Hey folks, I've been having this problem with my phone app after I updated Android on my phone.

Well, the failure is like this: I open the app, what used to be playlists and stuff like that, is entirely white. All I get to do in the app anymore is look at the title, "Spotify" and press the three stripes left for it, taking me to another white screen.

I pay for spotify premium mainly because I like to have all the music on this planet(almost) on my phone. And that's not happening anymore...

I've tried to reinstall the app, but that doesen't seem to work...

Do you have an SD card in your device? This bug normally occurs when you use Spotify on a device that can have an SD card without an SD card.

Please insert an SD card into your device 🙂

Liam

The SD card is in it, and I don't plan on changing that 😛

@Logen-Felxon wrote:

The SD card is in it, and I don't plan on changing that 😛

Hmm, strange!

Please could you do this:

1. Remove the SD Card
  2. Uninstall Spotify
  3. Put the SD Card back in
  4. Install Spotify

Also, make sure that Spotify is installed on the internal memory and not the SD Card 🙂

Liam

I've followed the current 'troubleshooting' which is to say I went into my phone and deleted all files associated to Spotify, and now I keep getting this message when I download that says I have not enough room. I've got 200 mb left +- on sim card and 6 gig on internal memory.

My sd card have like 6 gig left also, I took it out, and nothing changed.

Trying to resolve my 'space' problem...

@Logen-Felxon wrote:

I've followed the current 'troubleshooting' which is to say I went into my phone and deleted all files associated to Spotify, and now I keep getting this message when I download that says I have not enough room. I've got 200 mb left +- on sim card and 6 gig on internal memory.

My sd card have like 6 gig left also, I took it out, and nothing changed.

Trying to resolve my 'space' problem...

Hi, you don't have space on your SIM - and if you do, it would be for contacts and would be less than 200MB 😉

Please could you try rebooting your device - and also make sure that you have enough space in your /cache folder of your Android device.

If that doesn't work, then you should try a factory reset - this won't erase your SD Card, don't worry.

Liam

(Also, are you rooted and/or using a custom ROM?)

It's the normal newest android so no, no custom thingamagimmys.

I do use the go-launcher ui but that shouldn't do anything else than making my ui look smoother 😛

Currently I'm deleting junk I don't need anymore.

Will restart my phone then try again after, and if that don't resolve it I will factory reset it.

@Logen-Felxon wrote:

It's the normal newest android so no, no custom thingamagimmys.

I do use the go-launcher ui but that shouldn't do anything else than making my ui look smoother 😛

Currently I'm deleting junk I don't need anymore.

Will restart my phone then try again after, and if that don't resolve it I will factory reset it.

Ok fairs enough.

What version of Android is it running? It could be anywhere between Android 2.2 to 4.2...

Liam

I've got 4.1.2 right now.

It now functions when it comes to installing it.
Rsing the device and trying to install it again before I factory reset and update my phone. Won't it delete the internal memory stuff?

@Logen-Felxon wrote:

It now functions when it comes to installing it.
Rsing the device and trying to install it again before I factory reset and update my phone. Won't it delete the internal memory stuff?

Yes it will - but only apps.

In other words, it won't erase the internal or external SD Card 🙂

Liam

Still as the whitest spotify I ever saw. (Yeah, same malfunction)

@Logen-Felxon wrote:

Still as the whitest spotify I ever saw. (Yeah, same malfunction)

😉

Ok, this is starting to get super strange.

Could you try installing and using it without an SD Card inserted? Uninstall the app, remove the SD Card, install the app and see if it is working?

Liam

Now when I troubleshoot, I get why I shouldn't have 500 apps that I paid for. Though google I'm sure is kind enough to store what apps I paid for and such... :3

"Could you try installing and using it without an SD Card inserted? Uninstall the app, remove the SD Card, install the app and see if it is working?"

I did this just now.

@Logen-Felxon wrote:

"Could you try installing and using it without an SD Card inserted? Uninstall the app, remove the SD Card, install the app and see if it is working?"

I did this just now.

I'm assuming it didn't work?

I'm out of ideas then sorry - I'll escalate this and see if anyone else can shed some light 🙂

Liam

I'll try resetting my mobile phone when I'm home again, got things to do today so can't stay and troubleshoot anymore.

Thank you anyhow :3

@Logen-Felxon wrote:

I'll try resetting my mobile phone when I'm home again, got things to do today so can't stay and troubleshoot anymore.

Thank you anyhow :3

No worries, sorry I couldn't be of much help!

Liam

Now I have factory reset it and it seems like I keep getting an error stating: "Feil under nedlasting" and the error when I open it says: "spotify kunne ikke lastes ned på grunn av en feil. (920)"

Which is in case you're not scandenavian: "Error during download" and: "Spotify couldn't be downloaded because of an error. (920)

I get it on other things I try to download also.
I think it's actually an server glitch.

I got the dowload working again without doing anything of note(Rsing a couple of times without it working, then suddenly without me doing anything it worked), so I guess it was a server glitch of some sort.

Still after all this troubleshooting it's still the same T_T

Nothing of what we've done have worked so far.

1: Restart then install, didn't work.
2: Take out sd card, then reinstall, didn't work.
3: Take out sd card, reinstall first before I do so and then uninstall when sdcard is out and reinstall, didn't work.
4: Having my phone reset, then installing it with and without the sdcard (yes I reset it twice), didn't work. 
5: Clearing cashe (of google play and spotify) and what were on the phone of spotify files between didn't help either...

I don't get why the phone don't want to have spotify, it makes it so warm and cuddly...
;O

Yeah, I am a long time premiumer, I have been paying for spotify for two persons in eonz, I'm thinking of opting out if this issue isn't resolved.
I do use it on my computer as well, but at the computer I have a lot of music that I bought from the artists that I like the most, Yeah I could live without spotify, but I like having it on my phone, that's why I keep premium.

I installed the newest android thingy for galaxy s2 and then it didn't work anymore. Incompatability issue? :S

Suggested posts