Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ATTENTION : Here is how to get the old app back

Solved!

ATTENTION : Here is how to get the old app back

I am running a non rooted , pretty much stock Atrix 4G. hated the new app and knew there was a way to get the old app back. (there is always a way)

This was not my idea, I used instructions based on a comment made by "michabessems" 

Things you'll need:

Phone connected to the computer

SD card

ES file explorer (or alternative)

You will also have to uninstall the new app (syncing songs again will be a pain)

Instructions

Download the older app via this link

http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Drag and drop this APK file onto the SD card of your phone.

Locate the APK via ES file explorer

Open it, you may have to enable installing apps from unknown source (my phone prompted me to do this)

BOOM

Old app. *functioning*

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Will you let me know if this link works? If not, I do have the file from yesterday and I'll get it to you somehow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek19ykw3rp2q020/SpotifyAndroid.apk

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Nice. Bumping this thread.

Alternative method is to download that link straight to the phone and install from te Download folder. No need for computer connection or file explorer
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Now that the app has been officially released - This no longer works. 2 bad.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Client-0-4-04-works-fine/td-p/21129 seems to have the way to get the old version back. Just downgraded & working. Soon to see if this brought back the screen rotation.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

...too old. Anyone have the version just before the new one was released?

Marked as solution

Will you let me know if this link works? If not, I do have the file from yesterday and I'll get it to you somehow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek19ykw3rp2q020/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Ill get back to this later. If you could get the other too it would be great.

This one is the release before the big update, I'm not sure where they keep all the previous releases.

ugafever, This version had what I was looking for. This still has the screen rotation when I plug the phone in to my car dock.

yup, thats the main reason I went back, that and none of my songs would sync with the new app. They should really look into a real QA team.

Agreed. I was stunned when I did the update and then went to the car and the screen wouldn't rotate anymore. I formatted the device & did loads of testings and stuff - and couldn't get it to work. Now that I have a working system again - I'm loving it.

This download unfortunately won't work - keeps on bringing up the 'large amounts of data' option.  

@beefqueen wrote:

This download unfortunately won't work - keeps on bringing up the 'large amounts of data' option.  

Make sure there is no space at the end of your username when logging in - some Android keyboards automatically add a space at the end of words and the app doesn't like this

----------------

Thanks.  That'll log me in but app is unusable - buttons in wrong place, won't load playlists, won't even let me click on buttons, then force closes.  

@beefqueen wrote:

Thanks.  That'll log me in but app is unusable - buttons in wrong place, won't load playlists, won't even let me click on buttons, then force closes.  

This is a bit off topic here but ... restart the phone and try again. If that fails clear the app cache through Android options, uninstall, restart phone, install, restart phone, log in. If that still fails then create a new topic in the forum with details

----------------

Check out THIS thread for previous versions!

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/REQUEST-Previous-version-of-the-client-APK/td-p/79997

Ok, I have the old app.

But how do I set the download location to the SD card?

Suggested posts