Family Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy s20FE

Operating System

Android 13 - Tiramisu

My Question or Issue

So Spotify stopped communicating with my car correctly and will no longer display information on the stereo. It still plays the content and I can change the songs with my steering wheel/radio controls, but none of the artist or song info displays. It will sometimes display properly, when I first enter the car and it auto-connects, but then as soon as I try to change to a specific song or podcast, it goes back to showing Not Provided.

The app will also just randomly switch songs/stations. Yesterday, after I reset the phone, it started playing where I had left off, cut off in the middle of the song and switched to my kids' station, that hasn't been used in over 2 weeks. The app will also randomly switch to podcasts, when going from playing on my phone, to connected to the car Bluetooth.

I reached out to the support team and they informed me there was "a recent change made" that could cause issues, but with this being so sporadic it seems more like a glitch than an update. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if there is a patch yet.

3 Replies

Hi there @DestroyedPerceptions,

Thanks for reaching out.

Regarding the info being displayed, there's a known issue with album covers and such on car systems that we're looking into here. What you have may be related, so have a look there and post the info you have. 

For any other issues such as stuttering, random switching and so on, does this only happen when your phone is connected to the car? Does it happen with other devices connected to the car system? Does it happen when your phone is connected to other output devices? Also let us know what exactly was tried in terms of troubleshooting and what you've investigated with our support team so we know not to repeat anything.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The 'stuttering' seems to occur only when transitioning between all listening options - either from the car to another Bluetooth device like headphones or even just directly from the phone itself and vise versa. The issue does not happen with when I connect other devices to the car, nor other Bluetooth devices. As for trouble shooting, I have tried clearing the cache and deleting/reinstalling the app on my phone as well as restarting, updating and re-connecting to my Bluetooth devices, with no changes.

Hey @DestroyedPerceptions

Thanks for the info. We see you've done a fair share of troubleshooting so far so lets try to figure this out together shall we. 

You mentioned you've reinstalled the app but we would advise to perform a clean uninstall. It's a more full in depth removal of the app, you can follow instructions on how to perform in this article here. Give it a try and see if this will help out.

Let us know how it goes and if needed please provide us with your devices Operating system version and Spotify version in order for us to look even further into this. 

Cheers.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts