Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio Mixing Issue via Sideloaded Apps (Android TV) for Muting System Sound on Spotify Launch

Audio Mixing Issue via Sideloaded Apps (Android TV) for Muting System Sound on Spotify Launch

Problem: When I sideload an Android app that utilizes audio features and then launch Spotify, the audio from both apps becomes mixed and distorted.

Suggestion: I propose that whenever Spotify starts on Android TV, it mutes the system sound momentarily before initiating its own audio playback. This would prevent the clash between Spotify's audio and any residual audio from sideloaded apps.

Benefits:

• Eliminates the reported audio mixing issue, ensuring a clear and uninterrupted Spotify listening experience.
  • Improves user experience by addressing a common problem encountered with sideloaded apps.

Additional Information:

• Please consider the possibility of adding a user-configurable option to enable/disable this audio muting behavior, catering to specific user preferences.

I believe this solution would significantly enhance the Spotify experience on Android TV for users who enjoy using sideloaded apps.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Pooya M

1 Reply

Hey there @pooyair

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

We're afraid it's not something that can be implemented by Spotify since we can't influence how other apps behave while Spotify is open.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts