Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth Speakers and Phone Audio issue

Bluetooth Speakers and Phone Audio issue

I have a strange issue where spotify stops me from being able to record through google now on a nexus 5.

I use my phone + spotify in an interesting way with my car bluetooth. I have two bluetooth connections running simeltaneously (because my car only natively supports phone audio and not media audio). One is obviously the car for calls and the second is a bluetooth adapter kit for my head unit (made by GROM).

Now that google now supports voice through bluetooth in my car. When i press the mic the bluetooth audio swaps to my cars integrated system (bluetooth connection 1) and waits for input. 

Usually (when i was using google music last month) google now would do its search and start playing my music again. However when spotify is active in memory and i force a voice input into google now the audio starts to play out of bluetooth connection 1 and swaps between connection 1 and 2 not actually allowing me to say anything (seems to flood the mic). 

The only way i could make it stop wanting to play what was last played in spotify was to kill the service and then activate the google now voice prompt.

Has anyone else experienced an issue similar to this?

4 Replies

Hey there!

Sorry I don't have the answer as of right now, but I'm currently investigating the issue. As soon as I get the workaround I'll reply here. To make sure you get notified of my post, on this thread, above your post click "Topic Options" then "Subscribe". 

If you could answer these questions it would be great! 🙂

• What android version are you running?
  • Are you rooted? If so, are you using a custom ROM?
  • Is your Spotify, Google, and operating system all up to date? To update your Spotify and Google app go to Play Store > My Apps (swipe from left to right to get the option) > Click "Update All" or click on the app and click "Update"

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hey

• Im running 4.4.2
  • Nope running stock with the Nexus 5
  • I just recieved a new update to spotify this morning (it wasnt available when i first saw the issue). Will test the scenario again and get back to you.

@DarkwinX wrote:

Hey

• Im running 4.4.2
  • Nope running stock with the Nexus 5
  • I just recieved a new update to spotify this morning (it wasnt available when i first saw the issue). Will test the scenario again and get back to you.

Thanks for the information! I also reached out to more people. Hopefully, I can get a response from them soon.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I have re-tested and the issue seems to remain.

Suggested posts