Country

US

Device

Google Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 13

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

I updated my app yesterday for the first time in a while, and now it is misbehaving. When I go to Library/Podcasts & Shows, I see all the podcasts I follow, sorted by "Recents", which I STRONGLY dislike. But when I sort by any other criterion, exactly half of my shows vanish. The shows that vanish are precisely those which have been updated in December.

3 Replies

Hi there @smcconnell94,

Thanks for the post.

Looks like you're seeing a new update to how the sorting works. 

Currently if you sort by Recents, you'll get all the shows you've checked and played recently. It's much like recently liked podcasts.

If you select Recently Added, you'll get the ones you added to your library last on top of the playlist.

If you select Recently Updated, you'll get them sorted by the ones that have a new episode on the top.

Can you try scrolling down the list, to see if you can find your other shows or does it show you just a limited number of podcasts? It would be best if you can make a screen recording so we can have a look and investigate this further. You can add it as an attachment or a link to Youtube.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

As I said very clearly in my post, half of my shows vanish, a word which means "disappear suddenly and completely". I used this word because the shows are gone, not that they moved to a different part of the list. Do you really think I don't understand that different sorting methods will display shows in different orders? When I sort by "recents" there are ten shows in the list, and when I sort by anything else there are five. 

No, I am not going to make a screen recording.

Hey @smcconnell94,

As we were unable to replicate this exact issue on our end, we kindly ask you to provide us a screen recording or at least some screenshots, so that we can see exactly what you see. Also is the behaviour reproducible across all your devices or only on the aforementioned Pixel 5? If you haven't tested this on any other devices, please do so if possible.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts