Plan

Premium

Device

Nokia 6.1 Plus

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Is this bug or something?

This used to work in old UI but after downgrading to new UI, I can't seem to make shuffle enable by default.

And no, "shuffle now" button is not the answer. I want to play the music from my chosen song and do the random shuffle from there.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that this is indeed an issue which we are now investigating - apologies for the confusion!

Make sure to head over to the relevant thread here and leave the requested info. We'll provide you with an update in the thread as soon as we have one.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @volenesa,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

Just to confirm, is Shuffle only disabling itself when you select a song from the Liked Songs playlist?

If it's only happening in this context, then we can confirm that this is expected behaviour.

As a workaround, we can suggest that you add the song(s) that you would like to listen to next from Liked Songs to the Queue - that way, you'll still have Shuffle switched on.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions 😉

If it is really not a bug and an expected behavior, I'm seriously going to another service. I'm tired of putting up with spotify's unnecessary changes.

Why would that be the "expected behavior"? That is completely backwards. There should be an option in the settings to just have shuffle always on. Why would you think that people just want to go down the list of their liked songs one after another?

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that this is indeed an issue which we are now investigating - apologies for the confusion!

Make sure to head over to the relevant thread here and leave the requested info. We'll provide you with an update in the thread as soon as we have one.

Thanks!

@peter

Alright, thanks for confirming that this is a bug.

I'll be waiting for the fix.

Any chance there is a feature request to have a global setting to enable shuffle everywhere by default? Normally I have no issues but Android Auto seems to always default to shuffle being off with Spotify and it's driving me insane. It forces me to have to interact with the stereo while driving.

Hi there @evolart,

Thanks for your reply in this thread. 

Currently, there isn't an option to enable Shuffle on all your devices by default. We found an idea to have playlists in Shuffle by default. If you think that could work, you can vote for it here

Now, if you feel like it, you can submit an idea here suggesting the option to enable Shuffle as default in different devices. Just make sure you follow our Community guidelines. Others can then vote on it or add to the conversation to show their support.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. Check out this FAQ to learn more about it. 

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts